Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Blue Steel owner

AK56

My XLR/V(s)
06 XLR Blue Steel
And it is a color that nobody mentioned!
So in my quest for a XLR I drove from Vegas down to Precott AZ to look at a Neiman Marcus XLR. By the time I got there it was sold. Its been for sale for at least 2 weeks. Just my luck it sells the day I get there. So I head towards Phoenix to look at a black one thats been for sale for quite awhile. I decide to call the dealer a little ways out of Prescott to make sure its still there and sure enough it sold the day before to some dude in Kansas!
So Im pretty bummed and head back to Vegas. I heve been trying to coordinate a trip over to SoCal to look at Lola's Moms car. She is moving and the website was up and down so our PM's were hit and miss. I thought I would just head that direction the next day.
When I get back to Vegas I have a message from the guy in Vegas that has the Xenon Blue one. Come to find out it was only 8 blocks from my Vegas house!
But the pictures he sends dont look like Xenon Blue. Much lighter, and I didnt really care for it but thought I would go check it out anyway. At least I could finally drive one. When I pulled up I instantly liked it. The pics didnt do it justice.

So I call my wife in Alaska and we are talking it over and Im trying to describe the color to her. Due to an accident on the highway she is stuck in traffic. All of a sudden she freaks out and says an XLR just pulled up next to her. She takes a pic and texts it to me and sure enough its the exact Blue Steel color of the one I was loking at. It must have been the same one I first saw years ago in Anchorage but I thought it was the Neiman Marcus purple.
From what I can see there were 490 Blue Steel XLR's made in 05-06. What are the odds of one showing up when and where it did in Anchorage Alaska!!
So we took that as a sign and I bought a 2006 Blue Steel XLR with 52K miles for $22.5k. It seems to be an awesome car so far. Everything checks out. Its a blast to drive. I love it. I do need to learn to give myself more time when running erands as I spend a lot of time in the parking lots explainig the car to people passing by. Its really cool to drive a car that most people have never seen.

Corsa Exhaust is on order, next is the V sway bar.

I want to Thank everybody for this great forum. It was great to have this resource to learn from before I even looked at any cars. I knew what to look for and what questions to ask. Very comforting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 351
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
So in my quest for a XLR I drove from Vegas down to Precott AZ to look at a Neiman Marcus XLR. By the time I got there it was sold. Its been for sale for at least 2 weeks. Just my luck it sells the day I get there. So I head towards Phoenix to look at a black one thats been for sale for quite awhile. I decide to call the dealer a little ways out of Prescott to make sure its still there and sure enough it sold the day before to some dude in Kansas!
So Im pretty bummed and head back to Vegas. I heve been trying to coordinate a trip over to SoCal to look at Lola's Moms car. She is moving and the website was up and down so our PM's were hit and miss. I thought I would just head that direction the next day.
When I get back to Vegas I have a message from the guy in Vegas that has the Xenon Blue one. Come to find out it was only 8 blocks from my Vegas house!
But the pictures he sends dont look like Xenon Blue. Much lighter, and I didnt really care for it but thought I would go check it out anyway. At least I could finally drive one. When I pulled up I instantly liked it. The pics didnt do it justice.

So I call my wife in Alaska and we are talking it over and Im trying to describe the color to her. Due to an accident on the highway she is stuck in traffic. All of a sudden she freaks out and says an XLR just pulled up next to her. She takes a pic and texts it to me and sure enough its the exact Blue Steel color of the one I was loking at. It must have been the same one I first saw years ago in Anchorage but I thought it was the Neiman Marcus purple.
From what I can see there were 490 Blue Steel XLR's made in 06-06. What are the odds of one showing up when and where it did in Anchorage Alaska!!
So we took that as a sign and I bought a 2006 Blue Steel XLR with 52K miles for $22.5k. It seems to be an awesome car so far. Everything checks out. Its a blast to drive. I love it. I do need to learn to give myself more time when running erands as I spend a lot of time in the parking lots explainig the car to people passing by. Its really cool to drive a car that most people have never seen.

I want to Thank everybody for this great forum. It was great to have this resource to learn from before I even looked at any cars. I knew what to look for and what questions to ask. Very comforting.

Congratulations on your new-to-you XLR! That is a beautiful color, I am sure you will enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

found XLR

It took some doing but you got what you wanted!! good luck with your new ride :)

Great story!! Sounds like it was meant to be.

Congrats. :wave:

Congrats! You have my second favorite XLR color (next to red, of course ;)), & you have started with what have been the best two upgrades for me - Corsa & sway bar.

You'll always need extra time for trips in it, because even if no one asks you questions, you're going to want to stretch out your fun being in it!

It looks like this was moved from my other thread which makes sense. Thanks

Anyway, Thanks guys! I am back in Alaska and am having serious separation anxiety. Headed back down on the 23rd to install the exhaust. Can't wait.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 313
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 317
Just a Tip

If I remember correctly, you were buying this to keep in Vegas, but you are in Alaska, correct. If the car will be sitting for weeks at a time without being used, you'll want to invest in a battery tender and make sure to keep it on the car, while sitting for longer than 3-4 weeks so the battery doesn't 'die' on you.

Congrats on your purchase!!

It looks like this was moved from my other thread which makes sense. Thanks

Anyway, Thanks guys! I am back in Alaska and am having serious separation anxiety. Headed back down on the 23rd to install the exhaust. Can't wait.

If I remember correctly, you were buying this to keep in Vegas, but you are in Alaska, correct. If the car will be sitting for weeks at a time without being used, you'll want to invest in a battery tender and make sure to keep it on the car, while sitting for longer than 3-4 weeks so the battery doesn't 'die' on you.

Congrats on your purchase!!

Thanks Cubby, yes, she will be sitting for awhile at times so a battery tender is definitely on the list. My wife is on her way down to Vegas and she will drive it some. Yikes!!!

Gorgeous color. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

CONGRATS ON YOUR PURCHASE!!! I know all about separation anxiety... I am about to put mine to "sleep" for the winter.

AK56 Congratulations on your purchase and what a great story! :party

It seems as if you and your wife were destined to have the Steel Blue XLR.

That car looks great! I love the chrome wheels that makes the car really stand out! (and someone said that the chrome gave it too much bling. Perish the thought) :rocker:

Also as discussed in the previous thread:

1) Blue flame is the hottest flame so obviously blue XLR's are the hottest XLR's :dance:

2) The term "Blue Streak" was created because it is the after-image of the Blue XLR's as they depart! So you definitely have the fastest XLR Color! :burnout:

I hope that you and your wife truely enjoy the car. :wave:

Congratulations!

Frustrating isn't it. :( --- I didn't quite go through all the effort you did to find my XLR, but spent a long time searching. I hope I won't seem to be too much of an 'interloper' here as I am also a bit of a 'newbie'; so "Welcome". This is a great XLR Site with dedicated people who love these cars. Justifiably so. :)

Hi Rod, Inquiring about your prior invitation : )

CONGRATS ON YOUR PURCHASE!!! I know all about separation anxiety... I am about to put mine to "sleep" for the winter.

When I first joined the site as a Newbie (still am compared to you 'veterans' :)), you mentioned if I recall an XLR event in Montana in 2014?

Sorry I didn't answer your kind welcome at that time. But belatedly; Thanks! --- Yes I would like to attend assuming the invitation still stands?

I have been trying to find the event information on the site, but am still learning site navigation. If you could direct me to this event info I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Notrhidge huh. We used to live near Thousand Oaks : )

Neat story, congrats on the purchase. Mine is the same color also.
Bruce

Howdy Pappy. :) Wanted to thank you for your prior welcome to me on the site, and to say the Steel Blue is indeed gorgeous.

Thanks for all the nice welcomes. We are in Vegas right now and enjoying some nice 85 degree top down weather. Installed the Corsa exhaust yesterday. It sounds amazing. The wife drove it for the first time and she is in love with car now as well. So life is good!!!

Thanks for all the nice welcomes. We are in Vegas right now and enjoying some nice 85 degree top down weather. Installed the Corsa exhaust yesterday. It sounds amazing. The wife drove it for the first time and she is in love with car now as well. So life is good!!!

Corsa really spices up the XLR!! Have lots of fun and enjoy. :cool:

From what I can see there were 490 Blue Steel XLR's made in 05-06. What are the odds of one showing up when and where it did in Anchorage Alaska!!

Congrats!

How are you enjoying it?

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics