Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Bruno's custom XLR

Bruno's XLR

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Custom
Hi from sunny Ca. I'm a new-be here on the site. I've owned a XLR for 10 years and its been on non-op for 4 years, Its as low as I can get it with out rubbing the inter fenders and it has chrome wheels already on it. After being in the body & paint business for 40 years I think its time to do some custom work on the XLR.I will try and post the progress on the site. I started with the Spectre 4'' tubing from Summit Racing for the cold air intake wow it looks real good for the price of about $180.00. Next I've done some carbon fiber work on my go karts so I think I'm going to make some carbon fiber covers for under the hood. I'm making all the covers out of aluminum first then I will be popping molds off them to make the carbon fiber covers. I'm making the battery/fuse box/overflow and the brake reservoir covers I'm also going to make the motor cover and the rad.sup. I will post all the parts in case any one may want them for there car. I know some of these parts are out there for Corvettes but they are a little pricey for me. Also I think I will two tone the paint with painting the top above the
belt silver. Here are photos of the car now and under the hood.
For any info I will try and answer you as best I can. I'm not sure how to use the site yet. Have a great day.

xlr 011.jpgPicture 1573.jpgxlr 004.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet

Bruno,,,,, I like your wheels, what brand?

Confused???

Hey Bruno,

Welcome to the site. Nice looking XLR. Little confused on how long you've owned it though. Consider the first model year (2004) started production in fall of 2003, it would be hard for anyone to own an XLR for 15 years. (2003 + 15 years= 2018)

Hey Bruno,

Welcome to the site. Nice looking XLR. Little confused on how long you've owned it though. Consider the first model year (2004) started production in fall of 2003, it would be hard for anyone to own an XLR for 15 years. (2003 + 15 years= 2018)

My bad I was thinking of something else It has been 10 years

Last edited:
So why was your XLR inoperable? Did you get it fixed or are you working on it. Do you need any advice or help with the issues. Post them up we're all hear to help out.

So why was your XLR inoperable? Did you get it fixed or are you working on it. Do you need any advice or help with the issues. Post them up we're all hear to help out.

Hey Cubby Thanks for the offer but the car is fine my wife got a new car from work with a gas card so I did not want any more miles on it so we non-opt the XLR .I have a SSR pickup to drive so not need to use the car.
I've been wanting to build a car and thought I have a car just setting there so I started working on it as I stated I do custom body & Paint and had a shop for about 40 years and done some carbon fiber work in the past so here I go. Here's a pic. of my SSR.DSCN1024.JPGDSCN1021.JPG

Welcome To The Club

Nice XLR. Welcome. Will be anxious to see the work as it progresses. :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry