Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

GM Press Release Cadillac Expands to Become Separate Business Unit, Adds New York Headquarters

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
Cadillac Expands to Become Separate Business Unit, Adds New York Headquarters

2014-09-23
GM Media

NEW YORK – As part of the continued expansion of Cadillac, General Motors today announced a strategic realignment that will establish the flagship brand as a separate business unit. In addition, the new Cadillac organization will expand to New York with a new global headquarters opening in 2015.

The realignment affirms Cadillac’s importance to GM’s strategy. Creating a new Cadillac business unit enables it to pursue growing opportunities in the luxury automotive market with more focus and clarity.

“With the relentless upward repositioning of successive new-generation Cadillac products, the next logical step is to provide Cadillac more freedom to cultivate the brand in pursuit of further global growth,” said GM President Dan Ammann.

“Cadillac’s mission is to reinstate the brand to a pre-eminent position among global luxury brands, a bold challenge requiring a distinct and focused new organization,” Ammann said. “More than a division or brand, Cadillac is becoming a center of excellence for our company.”

Full Release: Cadillac Expands to Become Separate Business Unit, Adds New York Headquarters | Cadillac XLR Net

I guess GM figured it wasn't already spending enough money. As tho' opening a NYC office would result in enough sales increase to warrant blowing the scarce resources on high-price office space. This is disgusting. :mad:

Tim

Surprised they did that - apparently all they need to do is add heated seats to improve sales - Ellinghaus mentions that not once, but twice in this article: Cadillac, amid U.S. sales slump, mulls more features to hold luxury prices

I don't understand deleting the STS, then making the CTS the same size & price as the STS (actually more). :dunno: Seems to be getting the same sales result the STS did; seems "C" is not a magic letter. Their overall model lineup just seems overpriced.

Surprised they did that - apparently all they need to do is add heated seats to improve sales - Ellinghaus mentions that not once, but twice in this article: Cadillac, amid U.S. sales slump, mulls more features to hold luxury prices

I don't understand deleting the STS, then making the CTS the same size & price as the STS (actually more). :dunno: Seems to be getting the same sales result the STS did; seems "C" is not a magic letter. Their overall model lineup just seems overpriced.

To add to what you're saying, GM added $8k to the price of the cts when it came out.it's starting to get pricey?? I know it's was upgraded for 14 but that seems a big price jump in one year:dunno: AL

To add to what you're saying, GM added $8k to the price of the cts when it came out.it's starting to get pricey?? I know it's was upgraded for 14 but that seems a big price jump in one year:dunno: AL

Yep, I bought a '13 CTS & I'm glad I didn't wait for the new version as that price is beyond what I would pay. Seems the sales pitch for folks like me is "we have the ATS," but that is way smaller than my CTS & smaller than I want. Probably most "old style" CTS owners feel that way, so not really a great marketing ploy.

New York.... Really, or GM could be planning on spinning off Cadillac before GM goes bankrupt with all of it's other problems.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom