Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Cadillac V-Series Preformance Lab - Road Atlanta

onalaska

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infared XLR-V
I just received an e-mail invitation to attend this half day event at Road Atlanta. They are offering it twice per day on Friday Oct 14th through Sunday Oct 16th. Check out their website: www.cadillacvserieslab.com
Already signed up for Saturday AM session.

Following info:
V-SERIES PERFORMANCE LAB FAQs

EVENT DETAILS

What time are the different sessions?

Morning Session: 7:30 AM–12:30 PM
Afternoon Session: 12:30 PM–5:30 PM
What time should I arrive for my scheduled drive?

If you are attending the morning session, please arrive by 7:30 AM. If you are attending the afternoon session, please arrive by 12:00 PM. This will allow for enough time to check-in and enjoy a light breakfast or lunch before your session begins. Please note that late arrivals may not be accommodated.
How will my drive be structured?

Upon arrival, you will check-in and be split up equally into three groups. From here, each group will begin a three-track rotation, experiencing three different vehicles on three different areas within the track. Throughout your time, you will receive expert classroom instruction from professional drivers.
What vehicles will I have the opportunity to drive?

During your time at the track you will not only command the world’s fastest V8 production sedan, the 2011 Cadillac CTS-V, but you will also be one of the first to drive the all-new 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe and CTS-V Coupe.
Am I allowed to bring a guest?

Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate this request due to the event’s limited capacity; which will ultimately help ensure that our guests receive an intimate driving experience with maximum track time.

This was in the July edition of the Cadillac News that was sent via e-mail. You might try calling the number below. They asked for my name and some other information and gave me a registration number to enter on the web site.

V-LAB EVENT
spacer.gif

Drive like you've never driven before. Fifty lucky eNewsletter recipients will get to attend the exclusive Cadillac V-Series Performance Lab in Atlanta, October 14–October 16. Experience these exhilarating machines on a racetrack with a professional racing instructor riding shotgun. Space is limited.
spacer.gif

Call 1.855.487.3743 to reserve your invitation today.

Cadillac News?

Ok, I must have been living under a rock or something. I did'nt know there was a "Cadillac News" e-newsletter I could be part of! :dunno: I tried Googling it and did not find it, can you provied a link to it?

It was e-mailed to me. I guess one of the Cadillac dealers we do business with signed us up. I wonder if anyone else on the forum gets it?

I removed the link since it contained my email.

Onalaska: Thanks, but I can't seem to find a spot where I can sign up from that newsletter, it is acutally liked to you as I went to the unsubscribe spot and it contained your info (I did NOT unsubscribe you though) I also could not see any spot on the Cadillac site where I could sign up either. :dunno: I guess I will have to check with my dealer to see if they can sign me up.

I removed the link since it contained my email address. I am sure one of the Cadillac dealers did it. Should be no problem asking your dealer to do the same.

Trip to Cadillac V Performance Lab in Atlanta

What a fantastic 4 hours! Started the day with some manuvers through the cones and then a drag race with others who were attending followed by a full pedal to the floor stop from about 100 MPH, sure don't do that every day. Then on to the track for some laps, back in class, then back for the final run. Amazing how much the CTS V keeps pulling, even at 125 MPH and you have to believe in those brakes when you come to the next turn! Every instructor that rode with me had worked at Bondurant or Skip Barber racing school.

DSCN1932.jpg

DSCN1931.jpg

DSCN1927.jpg

Glad you had a good time. The Vegas Performance Academy ($556) on the 29th and 30th are sold out but they've started a waiting list.

I had a little adventure myself, trying to get there, but it didn't work out. Jet broke in Kentucky, spent Friday night there awaiting parts, on Saturday no parts so AC (aircraft commander) decided to limp it home, i.e., round trip to nowhere. :(

I am sure you had unblievable fun! :naughty:

Wish we had been there too. So I am wondering about your your un-biased opinion of the CTS-V now that you had the chance to drive the wheels off of it! (They were all Coupes were they not?)

Steve is looking for one now, likely a low miles 2011 but it may be a new 2012. ;)

We drove the six cylinder coupes through the quarter mile and the V coupes on the track. They did have some V wagons there also, but I didn't drive one. Most of the V coupes were automatic, but they did have a few standards there as well. Not enough to go around though. I was interested in driving the standard, but after making a lap on the track and seeing how the auto preformed I now have to question if I really would buy the standard. For what we did that day I was glad to drive the auto because there was a lot to do just getting around the track for the first time without having to shift gears.

To answer your question, yes, it's really my only choice now that the XLR is not being made anymore The car handlles well, brakes are amazing, you can't beet a good old Chevy V8 for reliability and serviceability, and it still rides like a Cadillac thanks to the magnetic ride suspension. You can decide on the looks both inside and out for yourself, but I think it's a winner!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom