Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Canadian Looking to import an 09

crazycanuck

I have been lurking for months on this site and others to try and get a handle on what I am getting into before pulling the trigger on an 09.

Can anyone tell me what has to be done to make the DRL (daytime running lights) run for Canada. In my Lincoln Navigator it was a programming code at the dealership. To be legal in Canada the user cannot disable them. not sure how the XLR is setup.

The other question I have is has anyone succesfully ripped out the Nav system and upgraded it to a Pioneer, Kenwood, or something else. I did this successfully in last 2 Fords and was able to get the steering wheel controls to function. I did not lose a thing and gained a ton in my 14 Speaker THX system on the Lincoln Navigator. I now have a hackup camera, full IPOD control with Album Art, Bluetooth, better sound quality, etc.

I read here in the forum somewhere that the HUD display is connected to the Nav system, doesnt make sense to me.

Sorry if I am posting to the wrong place here.

Welcome to the XLR Net! I moved your post into the General XLR discussion forum.

The XLR already has DRL's - they're standard

If I am not mistaken in Canada the DRL's have to always be on, and there cannot be a cut off for them....either through programming or OEM from the factory.
:cool:

If I am not mistaken in Canada the DRL's have to always be on, and there cannot be a cut off for them....either through programming or OEM from the factory.
:cool:

I don't think you can disable the DRL's in the XLR - at least, I can't - are you able to?

It's actually rather simple to do. If you leave your lights set on auto, as I do, after you start the car you just twist the switch down--it is spring loaded and returns to auto, and the DRL's turn off. If you do it again they will turn back on. I think in Canada, they cannot have that option.

I don't think you can disable the DRL's in the XLR - at least, I can't - are you able to?

DRL

Correct in Canada they must not be able to be disabled by the user. There must be a computer programmable setting to adjust this in the software.

Anyone have any programming experience with the Cadillacs?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom