Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Car Air Dryer

bikemanbrad

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 black XLR
Just wanted to ask if anyone uses one of those Master Blaster air dryers to blow the water off the car after washing it.
Always saw small ones at Motorcycle Rallies but never saw a demonstration. The larger ones for cars are now up to $390. Supposedly saves so much time and less swirls from all the drying and no waterspots at all.
In videos, you see someone dry a car but then this dryer gets more water out of handles, lights, seams, etc.

I actually use a leaf blower that is only used to dry my cars.

How does it work out ?
Is it a better way to dry?
Better than rubbing the paint with chamois, etc. ?
I've never tried it....no waterspots ?
Thank You

I also see you have the Volant air cleaner that seems to have such mixed reviews.
Most XLR owners seem to have had trouble with it. You have no problem II assume ?
Thanks Again.

I like them but then if your car has been ceramic coated the water sort of sheets off which is great instead of tiny beads I use a rechargeable leaf blower wit ha soft brush attached so as not to harm the paint if it bumps the car

Worx leaf blower. Lightweight, good air volume. I use the spreader to diffuse the air, and followup using a microfiber towel.

We have a full size Master Blaster. Not the greatest for the XLR, I find no matter what angle I try it blows water into the engine compartment, and gotta be careful not to hit the window seals the wrong way. Ours has two speeds so IF I use it on the body I use it at half speed, and with care. Just seems like on the XLR it’s forcing water into places where it’s going to cause trouble. On wheels I use it full blast & it’s great.

Have used my friend's Master Blaster several times :thumbsup

Fast work with its powerful air force.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry