Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! car door won't open with remote and is locked , battery went down. How can I open ?

caddyknight

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR Red Jewel
Been having trouble with my battery , when I tried to open door with remote it doesn't open door. It is locked windows and top up, how do I get into my vehicle ? I need to replace battery and open hood . Many thanks to everyone who can help me .

Been having trouble with my battery , when I tried to open door with remote it doesn't open door. It is locked windows and top up, how do I get into my vehicle ? I need to replace battery and open hood . Many thanks to everyone who can help me .

First use your key open to the trunk, first remove the square flap on the back left side bumper, then insert the key in the square key slot and I believe you turn to the right, lift the trunk by hand, may need to people, then look to the left inside the trunk in rear corner, there is two pull cables there, one for gas door and one opens the door on drivers side, again you may need another person, now pull that to unlatch the drivers door manually, from there you can enter inside the car and pull the hood latch to get to the battery. I'd recommend purchasing a battery tender, if these cars sit and are not started more then about 2 week period the battery will be drawn dead, the other thing u can do is let the hood unlatched enough to open by hand until you can purchase a battery tender! Also have the battery checked, it may be going bad!
Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Car door won't open ....Your gonna have to fish a long wire down through the window edge to the floor release handle ...loop it around and pull up on the emergency release for doors to open then open hood and trace the short or charge your battery....good luck I've been through it as well.....

Car door won't open ....Your gonna have to fish a long wire down through the window edge to the floor release handle ...loop it around and pull up on the emergency release for doors to open then open hood and trace the short or charge your battery....good luck I've been through it as well.....

Do you have the factory key by chance? There's no way I'd try that except a dead last resort. Not taking a chance of messing up the weather stripping.

There's a main wire connection under the front of the car. I've had to use it once when my painter let the battery go dead.

Last edited:
I didn't take a picture at the time of my situation but this is a picture from this forum.
368f9d8b8bb20ccfc2aa9420917c888a.jpg

Yes you must be careful.....

Between the months of November and April, I make a habit of popping the hood before I exit the car. Also, test your key lock once or twice a year.

Dave

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back