Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Corvette and XLR show/party 9/17-18/2010

rleonard

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
06 Infra Red XLR-V Midwest Marauder; Chief Machinist
We're doing it again! Paula and I are counting on all the MM's and new friends to join us here in Mattoon and Effingham Illinois for this year's event. I have just secured a Grand Champion Nationally recognized BBQ Champion to prepare Saturrday's feast for us! I did that by modifying his new grill for him by installing custom controlls, gauges, wiring, and other mods.

As last year, we will have limited accomodations available. More if you share!!!

The "activity commitee" will have something special planned so a good time will be had by all. It will be hard to beat last years blindfolded driver test. How about doing that again but using your cars this time? LOL

Should you want a hotel room, BOOK IT NOW! The corvette show will fill all of them in a 75 mile radius from here. I can get you hotel phone numbers if needed.

Nick has been promoted to fireworks marshall!

Please RSVP

Bob & Paula

We're doing it again! Paula and I are counting on all the MM's and new friends to join us here in Mattoon and Effingham Illinois for this year's event. I have just secured a Grand Champion Nationally recognized BBQ Champion to prepare Saturrday's feast for us! I did that by modifying his new grill for him by installing custom controlls, gauges, wiring, and other mods.

As last year, we will have limited accomodations available. More if you share!!!

The "activity commitee" will have something special planned so a good time will be had by all. It will be hard to beat last years blindfolded driver test. How about doing that again but using your cars this time? LOL

Should you want a hotel room, BOOK IT NOW! The corvette show will fill all of them in a 75 mile radius from here. I can get you hotel phone numbers if needed.

Nick has been promoted to fireworks marshall!

Please RSVP

Bob & Paula

Bob,

You can count Devin and I in. Sounds like fun!

Count us in Bob and Paula. Let us know if you need any help with anything. I have a couple of pop up canopies if you need me to bring them.

We made dinner reservations for Friday night, Sept 17, for everyone. Alamo in Mattoon

Bob

Bump!

Getting closer

Giz +1

But I won't book a hotel, I'll just drive back and forth from home.

Devin & I have our Hotel room in Tuscola. We plan on heading down Friday (but not sure what time - with Devin just starting school). Looking forward to it!

Great News!

I spoke with Lori Worman from Mid America Motorworks today. MAM Funfest is welcoming us again this year! She says that she will block out prime spaces for our group again. I need to let her know by mid August the numbers. We will need to register as club members. The cost is the same ($25.00), only the gate tag for entering the grounds is different.

Here is a link to the registration;

http://corvettefunfest.com/

Bob

I spoke with Lori Worman from Mid America Motorworks today. MAM Funfest is welcoming us again this year! She says that she will block out prime spaces for our group again. I need to let her know by mid August the numbers. We will need to register as club members. The cost is the same ($25.00), only the gate tag for entering the grounds is different.

Bob

Devin & I are all registered. See ya'll down there in Sept. (Also have our hotel room -about an hour north, for Fri & Sat night). :rocker:

I guess we need to figure out what name to use to register--Cadillac XLR Club or the Midwest Marauders.

Bob

I guess we need to figure out what name to use to register--Cadillac XLR Club or the Midwest Marauders.

I put down "Midwest XLR Club" - Bob says MAM will watch for us. So if we all put that, I guess it would keep us consistent. :cool:

I put down "Midwest XLR Club" - Bob says MAM will watch for us. So if we all put that, I guess it would keep us consistent. :cool:

Did same today!

I received a nice note from Wayne in Iowa who is a Corvette to XLR convert. I hope that he joins us too!

Bob

Hotel rooms are available in Mattoon as of 8/6/10 for the weekend of 9/17 and 9/18

Try;
Comfort Suites 217 235 6745
Hampton Inn 217 234 4267
Holiday inn Express 217 235 2060
Baymont Suites all booked up
Super 8 217 235 8888 800 800 8000 Rooms available $110/night
Worthington (Charleston, about 10 miles east) 217 348 8161 3 rooms available @ $69.95

We have another place that we're checking on.

HURRY HURRY All going fast

Bob

Devin & I are all registered. See ya'll down there in Sept. (Also have our hotel room -about an hour north, for Fri & Sat night). :rocker:

Dave,
Might see if one of the closer places would work. Tuscola is 30 minutes north.

Bob

I received a nice note from Wayne in Iowa who is a Corvette to XLR convert. I hope that he joins us too!

Bob

That would be great to have another XLR. Where in Iowa is Wayne from? I'm in Iowa this weekend for Country On The River in Prairie du Chien, WI.

Another Hotel

There is another hotel, just remodeled that has rooms available;

Day's Inn Mattoon 217 234 8600

Bob

There is another hotel, just remodeled that has rooms available;

Day's Inn Mattoon 217 234 8600

Bob

Hey Bob - thanks for the info... I've got a room at this one (a little more than the other one, but its half the distance - which means more time with my MM pals. :wave:) Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Linda and I are registered, have a room in Mattoon and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom