Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Cup Holder Lid

wandrews2004

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Thunder Gray XLR
The cup holder lid won't stay closed on my 2004 XLR. Any repair? Any parts for sale?

If the cup holder door works properly and just does nto stay closed I have the little latch for that. I am out of the kits that include the parts to repair when one of the hinges break. the latches are a bout 14$ shipped.

The video is gone, I guess. But I used some neodymium magnets glued to the bottom of the rim of the console and then magnets glued to the lid in corresponding spots. BUT. if the hinge is broken, which is another common problem with the console, can't be fixed. You might find one on eBay.

I have the proper latch its 20$ and takes about 30 minutes to install. but like rockstar said if the hinge is broken then there's more to it. You will need a cup holder assembly and then have to remove the wood trim hoping you don't break it when you take it off. There was a member that made a perfect repair part for the lid but it took a little work to install it. I used 3 or 4 of them and they worked great. He's long gone.

If the cup holder door works properly and just does nto stay closed I have the little latch for that. I am out of the kits that include the parts to repair when one of the hinges break. the latches are a bout 14$ shipped.
There is a kit when one of the hinges breaks? Where can I buy the kit? P/N # ?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom