Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

D2H

D2H

My XLR/V(s)
2005 black XLR
I just bought my 2005 XLR from Florida, shipping it to Washington State. It is everything I wanted as a substitute for the usual Corvette as a guy ages. I had one of those (1965), too, long ago. I also have a 73 Jag E-Type, 25,000 miles, that we've owned for over 41 years and a 1974 Honda 350/4 cylinder motorcycle, German spec with 1900 kilometers, that I got new in Stuttgart in early 1975. Over the years, I've had a lot of cars (muscle, sports, and domestic and imported luxury), but the XLR is at the top of the list for comfort, fun, and collectability. This website has lots of good info and I consulted it many times before I bought an XLR so I would understand the car better. I considered a number of XLRs that actually are not registered on this site (mine wasn't), and it was surprising that about 1/4th of those produced are up for sale.

I have noticed that a number of members have been looking for scale models of the XLR and I emailed Fairfield Collectibles, suggesting that they encourage model makers to reproduce them in 1:18 scale. They responded that they thought one would be coming out next year. Hope so.

I look for ward to reading member posts and contributing where I can.

Congrats on the XLR!

My folks own a '69 XKE!

Welcome to the XLR Net! :thumbsup

Welcome Aboard!

I’ve had my XLR for just a year but have had lots of fun with this unique and rare vehicle! Best wishes and welcome to the group!:wave:

Welcome to The XLR Site : )

Welcome. Unique collectible cars. Please post some pictures when you can. FYI, I watched the time trials of the new mid engine Corvette today on the track in Germany. What a 'beast'. Top speed? Try 215MPH. Crazy! They said it is going to be The next Indy Pace Car. The author commented that it could compete successfully with The Indy Cars. :cool:

I think you are confused Chuck. The new 2019 ZR-1 was at the Nurburgring doing test runs. It is not a mid engine Corvette it a C7 based car. The ZR-1 is a supercharged LT5 engine producing 755HP. The Mid engine Corvette will most likely debut at the Detroit Auto Show early next year.

............................................... FYI, I watched the time trials of the new mid engine Corvette today on the track in Germany. What a 'beast'. Top speed? Try 215MPH. Crazy! They said it is going to be The next Indy Pace Car. The author commented that it could compete successfully with The Indy Cars. :cool:

I probably am. Confused that is. : )

I think you are confused Chuck. The new 2019 ZR-1 was at the Nurburgring doing test runs. It is not a mid engine Corvette it a C7 based car. The ZR-1 is a supercharged LT5 engine producing 755HP. The Mid engine Corvette will most likely debut at the Detroit Auto Show early next year.

Thanks for setting the record straight. I can only imagine what the "new" mid engine Corvette will be capable of? Watching that run in Nurburning, the front dash mounted camera actually made me feel dizzy as the surroundings flashed by at 215mph. :) Crazy!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom