Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Deck Bumpers

rmatt

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Blue Steel XLR
Yesterday while trying to get in my car via the rear deck lid :rolleyes: I noticed this gooey mess near the corner of the lid. After searching this site I came across the problem with the deck lid bumpers, part number 10346849, disintegrating/melting. Apparently this is another part that has been discontinued. Why GM would decide to discontinue a part or at least stock up on a part that is cheap to manufacture and is known to break down is ridiculous. Anyway....has anyone stumbled across any available parts or maybe even an alternative part that would work in its place? LTS had mentioned in an older post from 2020 that Auveco may have something that would work. Any update on that? Thanks for any info.

I have a solution to these tar balls. In the summer I was lucky to get two used bumpers. From those, I have been able to make a mold to cast my own rubber bumpers. I use liquid urethane rubber which is a little stiffer and should be very long lasting. I plan to test them once I get the car out of storage for the winter. At that point, I should have a several more made to sell, if there is any interest from anyone. Below is a photo of the first five I have made. The original bumper is in front of the group.

I also included a photo showing a modification I made. I made the tolerance around the stud tighter so they fit snug. Mine is on the left, and the original is on the right.

I'll let you know when I am ready to sell them. Hopefully in May once I confirm they are a good replacement.

Attachments

• 20220302_095943.jpg
    20220302_095943.jpg
    604.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 20220302_102027.jpg
    20220302_102027.jpg
    851 KB · Views: 102
look good .they should work. their is a actually a good bit of movement on them. so they need to be not to firm like some made out of 3d printed material otherwise they will squeak against the metal .good job

I have a small stock built up and ready to sell them. I will continue to make more, so if I run out more will be coming. They fit very nice and should last for a very long time. I have listed them on eBay and the link is below. If you decide to make a purchase, please note that when selecting a quantity of 1 on eBay, I will be sending you 1 pair (2 pieces). I believe it best to replace both at the same time. If you have questions, please let me know.

www.ebay.com

CADILLAC XLR DECK LID BUMPERS GM #10346849 | eBay

These are reproduction cone shaped bumpers (GM# 10346849) for Cadillac XLR trunk lids.

www.ebay.com

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back