Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! DIC shows "In accessory mode"

Robert501

My XLR/V(s)
2005 gray
While driving my 2005 motor stops and the DIC shows "In accessory mode" then "Put in park". I have to stop put in part to restart the motor. Anyone have a clue what i need to do? After it starts nothing shows on the DIC to indicate anything wrong.

While driving my 2005 motor stops and the DIC shows "In accessory mode" then "Put in park". I have to stop put in part to restart the motor. Anyone have a clue what i need to do? After it starts nothing shows on the DIC to indicate anything wrong.
Did you figure It out
I am having the same issue

I had that happen and changed out my push button Start/ACC button. I am not sure but I think the pressure sensitive buttons fail and the car goes to ACC position. There is a procedure available to remove the trunk and gas buttons and the lower cowling. Bought plastic pry tools for the underdash cowling removal. The new switch was only about 30 bucks. That was about 6 years ago.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom