Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Dorian

Bill S.

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 V, Raven Black with Shale interior
Hey

Well here it goes. Dorian's coming in. It's predicted to be a CAT 3. Last time it was like this down here in Sunny South Florida, it was Matt and thankfully that one veered off to the east at the last minute. Frances and Jeanne of '04 are memorable; we were ground zero for those two. Went out during the eye; an experience. May be off Friday, as the school district will probably close down to prep for getting the schools shelter status ready. Will be putting the shutters up. Such a job putting them all up, may very well, as in seasons past, live in a "cave" here till late November. Maybe not, it all depends. In '04 right after Frances I started pulling the shutters down and had to reverse course when Jeanne came barreling in a week later, That time we were out of school for 33 days and without power for 14 days. Hoping for the best.

Bill

Bill; thinking of all XLR owners in the line of fire from Dorian or any following hurricanes/tropical storms this year. You have all been hit hard and often. Stay safe and well. bluebeast ( Cathie and Paul )

Last edited:
Thoughts & prayers with everyone in the path of that storm.

Cat 5 now but looks as Dorian will turn northeast and Georgia and the Carolinas may get the worst of it?

I have a friend living on the N. Carolina coast and he has started

getting rid of lumber and other objects in his yard that might become airborne,,,damaging his house.

Hey

Well they keep waiting for Dorian to start the turn north. So am I. Unfortunately the way things look, if it doesn't start to occur soon, the eastern coast of Florida is going to get slammed by the storm. probably though, at a CAT 4 . Nothing to sneeze at. I went through Frances and Jeanne and they were CAT 1 and an almost CAT 2. Very bad then . I can't imagine this happening again. My roof is 15 years old, but in nice shape. Figure it is a goner though. Going for a metal roof I think after all is said and done.

Bill

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back