Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Exterior Color Differences across years

XLRVIII

In 06 , what is the difference between Blue Steel (Red Blue Metallic) and Xenon Blue? I have never seen an example of Blue Steel. Is it similar to any other color over the years?

In 04 is the Ultra Violet used for the Neiman Marcus models the same as Liquid Amethyst used on later years?

If only words existed to describe this… Xenon vs. blue steel I REALLY can’t describe, maybe Xenon is “brighter”? Neiman Marcus blue and liquid amethyst aren’t the same. NM is more on the blue side, liquid amethyst more on the deep purple side.

Try googling for pictures on the internet or better still, looking for an old sales brochure on eBay etc, which will have a page of all the paint colors. Neat thing to have regardless.

Wish I had better descriptive language.

Thanks for the reply. Comparing colors on with internet photos isn't apples to apples unfortunately, but thanks for the suggestion ( I did do that, and due to lighting , camera, etc.. colors varied - at least on the NM vs Liquid Amethyst purplish colors). Definitely see a difference in Xenon vs Blue Steel. Like Xenon better. Like Elektra blue even more!
Good idea on finding an old brochure , will see what I can find thanks.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom