Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Exterior Hood opening device

Bakertech

Seasoned Member
Being a recent victim of crap GM Delco Batteries - Denali and XLR, I purchased an old Choke cable at a Swap Meet.
It took a bit of 'rigging' but I was able to attach a short (2") loop of wire to the release lever at the hood latch where the factory cable ends and run the cable down in front of the left Air Filter box and secure it to an existing screw just inside the wheel well near the splitter.
The choke cable wire end must be free in the loop so it works when using the factory release without moving choke knob.

Previously I ran a #10 stranded cable from the accessory fuse box terminal under the hood near the battery that exits behind the splitter in an existing hole. Marrette connector over the end.
I think I previously discussed this here a year or 2 ago. I can now Charge the Battery or open the hood without key or fob. Works for me!:thumbsup,

You know.... There is a key way in the rear bumper that opens the trunk in which there is a cable pull to open the door to get inside the car to open the trunk. It's all in the manual.

the trunk opening with the key can be a pretty hard job for one if not pretty strong and if not done properly you can break the corner of the decklid A hidden cable release or a n external battery jumper is also a pretty good idea. and since the best batteries in these cars need to be on a tender if not driven fairly often I like a jumper wire, made to disconnect easily if you forget and drive off with it attached. Guess how I figured that one out??

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom