Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Extra Parts???

rmatt

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Blue Steel XLR
WFT%S0b%SQeoODQWYBtesg.jpgVL4DXBouSdGU+a4iYk0fpw.jpgWhile in the process of installing my passenger side fuel tank I came across this connector that I can't find the recipient to. I find it hard to believe that it's just been hanging there and was never connected to anything. I've looked all around and see nothing to plug it in to. Any ideas anyone?:dunno: Also after removing the driveline tunnel cover I came across this clip. Any idea where it originally came from? I'd hate to put this thing back together just to find out that I have to take it apart again to install these. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have no idea about the 'clip' :dunno:

About the electrical connector..... the XLR probably shares much of the same wiring with the C6 Corvettes, which have more performance options that may not be available on the XLR. To avoid making separate total wiring harnesses for each car, GM might be making just one wiring loom which fits in both cars to save $$$. That might explain your question? If there is 'nothing in the area' to plug in to, then I wouldn't be overly concerned. Maybe others will provide you a more 'stress-free' explanations who have complete service manuals to examine. I'd hate to see you put it back together and then find out something isn't right :ugh: :eek:

I appreciate your response. I'm not overly concerned about the clip and I know that many harnesses are made to fit multiple vehicles and sometimes there are leftover connectors. I just wish I had noticed it and made a note of it when I took it apart. This has been such a PITA job that the thought of doing it twice is not something that I want to contemplate! Hopefully others will chime in and make me feel more confident about completing this project. Thanks again Zen

I did find this drawing of the C6 wiring in that area and I haven’t dug deeper into the differences, but can you identify the connector number call-out for what you’re seeing?
0FD19905-92BC-41C1-816A-A64FB3D93D79.jpg
BC4EC249-0E8D-43C9-940C-75C0CE7F6F6E.jpg

Thank you for the time you're taking to try to help me out. Looking at the diagram you've provided it's a little too cluttered to make any distinction as to what is what. If I had to guess I'd guess maybe 5. I know that the pump and sender connections are good. All I know is that it's a two wire connector. Red wire with white stripe and white wire. Connections 21-23 appear to be towards the front of the car. Thanks again. I'll hold off a little while longer and then just go for it!!

both 5 and 15 appear to be connectors for a vette . I would be more worried about that metal clip that surely holds something away from something else.

both 5 and 15 appear to be connectors for a vette . I would be more worried about that metal clip that surely holds something away from something else.

...and since 5 is on the passenger side near the fuel tank, I’m inclined to guess that’s it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom