Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Fix for OnStar antenna falling down?

XLRATING

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)
Just wondering if anyone has had this happen & found a fix (i.e., the black box on the top of the windshield on the passenger side). There’s double stick tape holding it on which is bubbling & the box is detaching. We tried thin 3M double stick automotive tape, which normally holds on anything anywhere, but no luck. Kind of wondering if something is heating up that shouldn’t since there’s bubbling. This happened while the car was sitting in a climate controlled garage so it’s not an outside sun/temperature issue.

Thanks for any input.

Mike, How about using the glue kits for reattaching rear view mirrors to the windshield? Unless you what to stick to the original tape.

Thanks for the ideas guys - gonna go with some 3M tape that’s for putting molding on cars. Used that to put a bug guard on our truck & it hasn’t budged. If that doesn’t work I’ll be back here ...

Hey - I know its been awhile but how did you make out with the box? Mine is doing the same.
:rolleyes:

I should have posted a follow up but I wasn’t the one in charge :pat: ... It seems to be fixed well enough that it stayed on to BG, around BG, & back, & it’s hung on in some pretty high heat conditions. Mike ended up using this stuff:

Attachments

• 98887B3F-47BE-4700-8791-F38D935B6C9A.jpg
    98887B3F-47BE-4700-8791-F38D935B6C9A.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 256
Well I just saw a picture of your XLR on eBay for sale...could it be true? How come?:(

Thats not mine, just some jerk selling an ‘08 who stole the picture of my ‘06 to be eye candy for his piece of junk. :mad: We asked him to take it down & he didn’t respond, so we’re reporting him to eBay. Little bit of false advertising, huh?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom