Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

FOAM GUN VS.FOAM CANNON

JW7

Supporting Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Raven Black XLR.... 2001 DTS...2009 AUDI A4 CABRIOLET
Hi all fellow enthusiasts....Looking to see if anyone has experience using a Foam Gun or a Foam Cannon on the XLR....Foam cannon looks like it cleans better but concerned using a Pressure washer to get the suds on..
I have a low powered 1500 PSI/1.3 GPM Pressure Washer..Foam Gun connects to garden hose...
Anyone have any thoughts?

I think you're concerns about using a pressure washer are valid. I personally would not use something like that or otherwise subject a 9 year old XLR with all of its 9 year old rubber gaskets/seals to any water under pressure. Granted, all of them were put to that kind of test at the factory to check for leaks, but age & time have likely taken their toll. In fact, I use a "shower" function on my garden hose nozzle on the roof & trunk of mine, & save the slightly higher pressure for the rest. Fortunately it doesn't get exposed to the elements so that works well enough.

Just my thoughts ....

FOAN GUN VS CANNON

THANKS TO ALL YOU FELLOW ENTHUSIASTS FOR THE IMPUT.....VALID CONCERNS FOR SURE...STILL DOING MY HOMEWORK..

Good luck with your choice of foaming product. Just an observation here, when you type in all CAPS on a forum like this, it is the equivalent of shouting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the wishes..Not to well versed on chat/thread etiquette...no problem

hmm, my original reply disappeared.
The first reply is correct about the concerns of using a Foam Cannon attached to a pressure washer. These are typically needed by mobile detailers who have a reservoir without water pressure, I have seen too many paint jobs ruined by using too much pressure, too close to the surface, or the wrong nozzle. All you need is a Foam Gun attached to your garden hose. As a dealer for Adams car care products I sell both, but steer people away from the canons.
And I just realized how old this thread is. Hope it still helps.
Bruce

hmm, my original reply disappeared.
The first reply is correct about the concerns of using a Foam Cannon attached to a pressure washer. These are typically needed by mobile detailers who have a reservoir without water pressure, I have seen too many paint jobs ruined by using too much pressure, too close to the surface, or the wrong nozzle. All you need is a Foam Gun attached to your garden hose. As a dealer for Adams car care products I sell both, but steer people away from the canons.
And I just realized how old this thread is. Hope it still helps.
Bruce
Hi Bruce..I started this thread, and in my opinion, your answer and or opinion is always welcome as added info to help someone in the future..
I Did go the way of a Foam Gun to stay away from any potential pressure problems the Cannon may produce...and it was from Adams..
Works great..fun to use as an added part of washing
Thanks

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry