Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Front Bumper Fascia Adjustment

6444johnf

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 XLR
I have a 2008 XLR that needs to have the front fascia slightly adjusted. Not having seen any discussion in our forum on the front bumper fascia, I need to adjust mine. In reviewing the shop manual I didn't find a specific section on removing or adjusting the fascia. Would there be anyone with the insight on how this is preformed correctly and efficiency? I'm sure I could start losing fasteners until I achieved my results but experience is king.

I have a 2008 XLR that needs to have the front fascia slightly adjusted. Not having seen any discussion in our forum on the front bumper fascia, I need to adjust mine. In reviewing the shop manual I didn't find a specific section on removing or adjusting the fascia. Would there be anyone with the insight on how this is preformed correctly and efficiency? I'm sure I could start losing fasteners until I achieved my results but experience is king.

I have the same problem and talked with the body shop manager at a Cadillac dealer yesterday. He said he would be happy to take it off and see what is going on. His estimate was 3 to 4 hours minimum at shop rate.

I would also be interested if anyone else has had this problem and what would be required to fix it. Or if it needs to be fixed.

send me a photo

I am installing a 09 on my 08 and the one that came off fit fine. I am a collision tech so there is not much adjustment at all on the cover. The fender and headlights can be adjusted. Not so much with the cover. Let me know what you want to accomplish and I will help you out.

I am installing a 09 on my 08 and the one that came off fit fine. I am a collision tech so there is not much adjustment at all on the cover. The fender and headlights can be adjusted. Not so much with the cover. Let me know what you want to accomplish and I will help you out.

Thank you for the offer and I will post a picture when I figure out the architecture of the web site. All of the lines and margins around the car look good except the top horizontal line of the front bumper facia. The drivers side is good and the passengers side plastic is drooping. I just noticed this in the last couple of months and I have had the car for 3 years. It has not been wrecked or driven over a parking curb. It drives the same.

If I push down on the fascia on the passenger side it flexes quite a bit but eventually hits a very hard wide surface below that I perceive as a bumper. That action exacerbates the problem. On the drivers side it is a different feel and does not have as much downward flex and when bottoming it feels like a softer material and less wide. But I will try to get a picture in the next couple of days. Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

mickytee hopefully these pictures will give you and idea what is going on. Thanks in advance Tony

Attachments

• IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 341
bumper alignment

The cover just sits on top of the Impact Styrofoam. no sure of any up and on adjustment. I think the fender would have to be adjusted down to the bumper instead of the bumper coming up. I will look and let you know

I am having the same exact problem 2006, has anyone come up with a solution??

Last edited:
Hey

If I did not know better, I'd think I was looking at pics of my car. 2006 Same side. Same droop.

Bill

Problem fix remove front panel in front of passenger side wheel remove headlight and remove a few spacers from the inside use a heat gun and gently warm the front bumper from the inside.after bumper is warmed up gently masisage the bumper upward use gloves because it is hot do not put the heat gun directly on the bumper just warm it up enough to make it a little pliable from the inside, I then hit it with some compressed air to cool it down.
received_2157320761231522.jpg
Before
received_2357423401237117.jpg
received_1001434983543196.jpg

received_801067077001579.jpg
received_531512560772117.jpg
After
received_1610009995807658.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!