Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Front LED / HID Bulb Retrofit

6444johnf

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 XLR
I’m considering replacing the “Daytime Running Lights” withdual color LED & the “Fog Lamps” with HID has anyone experienced thisretrofit also what are the potential problems and advice. Making the entire front lighting system consistent,I think, will enhance the appearance.

Search is your friend!!

Foglight replacement with HID is fairly simple. This link to the thread here will help you out:

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadillac-xlr-technical-discussion/4404-hid-fog-lamp-install.html

As far as changing the DRL's with the dual color LED's, I don't believe it will work--someone has already tried it. The DRL's in our cars are not wired for those to work correctly.

I’m considering replacing the “Daytime Running Lights” withdual color LED & the “Fog Lamps” with HID has anyone experienced thisretrofit also what are the potential problems and advice. Making the entire front lighting system consistent,I think, will enhance the appearance.

Thanks Cubby 558 - I sure do wish GM had been more uniform with the lighting system!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom