Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Funny "Tink. tink tink noise ???

At 83 years old I don't know how to look for answers on the forum. Can you tell me how??

UPPER, far right corner......

Click on SEARCH

V

Search​

** Type in what you are searching for **
Search titles only
By:
Search Advanced search…

Apparently the new battery enabled the tink tink bell
It was the r/door mirror going down to see curbs. I don't need that feature, so I reprogramed it to "no curb view"That's the way I had it programmed before the battery voltage went down. Now all is good!!

Tip.

I went online to Ebay and bought the 4 volume GM Cadillac Service manual for the year of my XLR. Every thing you need to know is in the manual. They are readily available from carboagz on Ebay. I don't think they would have anything about a mirror going tink, tink because it's adjusted to its maximum limit. That's something that you or your dealer would have to troubleshoot on your own.

PS I was also able to track the 2 volume Cadillac XLR mechanic training manuals on Ebay as well.

PPS I replaced my battery with the OEM battery a few months ago. Took a bit more than 5 minutes (lol) but I cleaned and shined everything. There was no need to reprogram anything and the car fired up perfectly.
I have that set of two manuals. They are very disappointing because some things one needs to know are not in them!!

"I have that set of two manuals. They are very disappointing because some things one needs to know are not in them!!"

W
e once had a rattle noise inside the cabin that was menacing,,,,under warranty took the car back to the dealer service department. Some vehicle issues are just not in the manuals:

dd-marble-in-tray-jpg.13518

Attachments

• DD MARBLE IN TRAY.jpg
    DD MARBLE IN TRAY.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 203
"I have that set of two manuals. They are very disappointing because some things one needs to know are not in them!!"

W
e once had a rattle noise inside the cabin that was menacing,,,,under warranty took the car back to the dealer service department. Some vehicle issues are just not in the manuals:

dd-marble-in-tray-jpg.13518
That passenger mirror going too far down is not in the manaul , and going to the dealer not only costs big bucks, but you wait for along time until they even get to fixing your car! That's why for the most part it's a "Do it yourself car!;" and we all go to this forum for answers!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom