Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Greetings from middle TN

GripGrip

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR Black Raven with Ebony interior
Hello guys and gals and all those mixed up in-betweens! I bought my first XLR yesterday ('04 with 69K) and plan on picking it up in the morning. Car has some issues I'll be ironing out over the next month or so, but I went into it eyes wide open. Anyway, quick question about these wheels. Seller is telling me the wheels on the car are a special OEM offer based on a Mattel model? Not saying I don't believe him, but these are my cup of tea buy I hate to swap them if they are actually OEM. Oh, and I don't know what to think about the add-on interior wood accents. Well, at least all the leds' in the tail lights seem to work. Thanks

Attachments

• 20220426_164848.jpg
    20220426_164848.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 129
  • 00101_4vePi7W1yCBz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    00101_4vePi7W1yCBz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 121
  • nice.JPG
    nice.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 115
So Rob, do those wheels look like a stock option to you?
They were not a stock option and I'm not aware of any Mattel model. There was no Mattel model from the Bowling Green Assembly Plant that was a regular production option.

They were not a stock option and I'm not aware of any Mattel model. There was no Mattel model from the Bowling Green Assembly Plant that was a regular production option.
Thanks. The seller told me that Mattel had a model of the XLR with 5 spoke wheels, and as a result Cadillac started offering similar wheels as an option. I thought it sounded a little farfetched. Here's the model though as I wanted to be a little more clear.

Attachments

• mattel model.jpg
    mattel model.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 100
Welcome! It looks like someone did a lot of customization. Everyone has their own taste in cars. The woodgrain accents are a little overdone and the wheels are definitely not stock. If you like the way it's done, enjoy it like it is, or change it to suit yourself. Either way, I hope you have fun with it.

Not an option at all.I ran away from your car based on a couple of things he states that was not true. A title would be a BIG issue with me. Some of the wood grain would be ok but it is a lot enjoy it.

Finally got her cleaned up a bit so now it's time to start fixing all the issues. At the present I'm very grateful to Mickeytee for passing on the car.

Attachments

• 20220428_162551.jpg
    20220428_162551.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 90

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics