Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Happy to be New XLR-V owners and new members of the XLR Net Forum

09xlrv

My XLR/V(s)
2009 Black Cherry XLR-V
HELLO TO ALL,

JOINED THE FORUM PERHAPS A WEEK AGO BUT DID NOT WANT TO POST UNTIL WE COMPLETED THE DEAL TO OFFICIALLY PURCHASE OUR NEW 2009 XLR-V. WE WERE EXCITED TO PURCHASE A 2009 BLACK CHERRY // CASHMIER XLR-V WITH UNDER 2000 MILES ON THE CAR. IT STILL HAS THE NEW CAR SMELL AND IS SPOTLESS. IT HAS BOTH THE UPGRADED 19in CHROME WHEELS AND THE WEATHER VEIL PACKAGE WHICH I THINK WERE ABOUT THE ONLY OPTIONS AVAILABLE.

WE ARE NEW TO THE XLR-V AND ACTUALLY TRADED OUR CORVETTE IN ON THE DEAL. WE HAVE HAD 4 DIFFERENT CORVETTES OVER THE YEARS AND WHILE I VERY MUCH LOVE THE CARS AND LOVE TO DRIVE THEM, I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT I THINK I AM REALLY GOING TO LIKE THE COMFORT FEATURES OF THE XLR-V AND AM HOPING THAT I WILL FIND THAT I'M NOT SACRIFICING MUCH ON THE PERFORMANCE SIDE OF THINGS. IN ADDITION, THE XLR-V's ARE A "LIMITED COMMODITY" AND WHEN WE FOUND THIS ONE IT WAS A PRETTY EASY DECISION TO GO FOR IT. THERE ARE SO MANY OPTIONS FOR PURCHASING A CORVETTE, BUT NOT SO WITH THE XLR-V.

THE FIRST TIME I DROVE THE XLR-V I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED WITH SIMILARITIES TO THE CORVETTE AND THAT GAVE ME A SENSE OF FAMILIARITY, BUT THE CAR WAS CERTAINLY QUIETER, MORE COMFORTABLE AND MUCH MORE LUXURIOUS. IT SITS A LITTLE HIGHER AND IT WAS REALLY NOTICABLE HOW MUCH HIGHER THE WINDOWS SIT. I WOULD OFTEN DRIVE WITH THE WINDOW DOWN ON THE VETTE WITH MY LEFT ARM/ELBOW RESTING ON THE WINDOW EDGE. THAT IS NOT AS EASY TO DO IN THE XLR-V. I HAVE MORE OF A FEELING OF ENCLOSURE IN THE XLR-V. JUST SOMETHING I'LL HAVE TO GET USED TO. BUT I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO DRIVING THE CAR.

DID TAKE OUT A VERY GENEROUS BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY ON THE CAR THROUGH THE DEALER (GM) FOR 6 yrs // 75,000 miles. BECAUSE OF THE LOW MILEAGE WAS ABLE TO GET "NEW CAR" WARRANTY PRICING WHICH SAVE US A NICE CHUNK OF CHANGE.

I HAVE BEEN SO IMPRESSED WITH THE QUALITY OF THE FORUM SITE AND THE MEMBERS POSTS AND SENSE OF COMMUNITY. WE WOULD LOVE TO JOIN THE GROUP FOR THE BOWLING GREEN WEEKEND AT THE END OF SEPTEMBER, BUT WE'RE NOT SURE IF WE CAN PULL IT OFF WITH ONLY HAVING THREE WEEKS TO ARRANGE SCHEDULES, ETC... ANYWAY, HOPING TO GET TO MEET SOME OF YOU SOMETIME.

WE HAVE ALSO BEEN PRIVELAGED TO BE LONGTIME OWNERS OF A DELOREAN AND HAVE ENJOYED INTERACTIONS WITH SOME OF THE DELOREAN FOLKS OVER THE YEARS.

WOULD LOVE SOME ADVICE FROM ANY OF YOU TO NEW OWNERS LIKE OURSELVES REGARDING PRACTICAL ISSUES OR GENERAL SUGGESTIONS. THE FIRST THING THAT COMES TO MIND IS THE OBVIOUSLY VERY LIMITED STORAGE SPACE FOR TRIPS, EVEN SHORT WEEKEND TRIPS. I THOUGHT THE CORVETTE WAS TIGHT ON SPACE BUT THE XLR-V WITH THE ROOF IN THE TRUNK MAKES THE CORVETTE LOOK SPACIOUS. OBVIOUSLY WE COULD JUST TRAVEL WITH THE TOP UP UNTIL WE GET WHERE WE ARE GOING, BUT THOUGHT I'D ASK ANYWAY.

THANKS FOR SHARING THE FORUM WITH US AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YOU BETTER BY THE WRITTEN WORD AND, HOPEFULLY, GETTING TO MEET SOME OF YOU IN THE FUTURE.

09xlrv

Welcome from the other side of the river.

Did you buy local?

Giz

Welcome to the forum and may I say that you have purchased one of the few XLR-V's I would consider selling my dream car to get! ;)

Packing tight: I suggest look around to find some soft sided luggage that will fill the space without wasted space, decent sized leather or nylon duffle bags do a great job as you can squish them over once they are in. I also reccomend dark shorts and figured shirts and take advantage of the washing machines at the hotel! :lol: Back to packing the trunk: things like drying cloths or sweat shirt jackets can go in under the stowed top too. If you have any reason to believe the top will scuff those if cycled, disengage the safety divider but leave it vertical to avoid other stuff shifting back to hit your collapsed top. Get sample sized cleaning stuff and dont worry about the wash bucket, the recycling bin or garbage can from you hotel room will do.

It would be great to see you and your car in BG, hopefully that will work out for you.

Sandy G

Welcome aboard! Glad to see you found our forum! :wave:

I would strongly encourage you to join us in Bowling Green if at all possible. Only about 4 1/2 hours travel for you and it really is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

With approximately 30 XLRs in attendance, you should be able to get the answer to ANY question you might want to ask about your XLR.

Looking forward to meeting you in BG.

Welcome to the XLR family! As you can see I'm a new member too but in the short amount of time I've been here, everyone has mademe feel like I've been here for years. 2000 miles on a 'V' you luckey person!

This is our first XLR. We didn't have any plans to buy one, we were thinking about a C6 to park besides our 88 C4. After playing around on the web our XLR popped up and only 10 miles from us. The next closes XLR was 1900 miles south. Thunder Gray and almost the shade of C6 gray that we wanted. Great car!

Congrats on the 2009 XLR-V and welcome to the XLR Net! If you haven't already done so, check out the XLR Registry here by clicking on the button in the upper left hand nav bar.

1st of all op[en the trunk and underneath the left quarter panel of carpet, there is a cylinder. Make sure the carpet and that area is bone dry. This area is known for standing water and will make for a hectic diagnosis for any upcoming problems. Other people here will chime in and tell you more "trouble areas" too. Because they have had theres longer. But by all means read the owners manual from cover to cover. If you don't have the original then you can find one online here somewhere. Some of us here have "dressed" ours up more then others. Others have left them as stock as possible. Yes by all means try and make it to the Bowling green ky xlr event. You'll be able to see what others have done to theres and they can answer more "hands on" questions you might have.
Welcome to the best xlr site around
Good luck with your dream car

:blinzel: WELCOME TO THE XLR FORUM. We all here love our XLR an love to tell stories so your at the right place for information & story telling! So enjoy your new ride and if any way possible make it to the BG KY. Homecoming for 10th Anniversary . It's probably going to be a once in a lifetime gathering of this many XLR friends and cars. Love to meet you there! :wave:

Congrats non your purchase

:blinzel: WELCOME TO THE XLR FORUM. We all here love our XLR an love to tell stories so your at the right place for information & story telling! So enjoy your new ride and if any way possible make it to the BG KY. Homecoming for 10th Anniversary . It's probably going to be a once in a lifetime gathering of this many XLR friends and cars. Love to meet you there! :wave:

I hope your love your XLR as much as I love mine. Hope to see you in BG.

I hope your love your XLR as much as I love mine. Hope to see you in BG.

Thanks so much. Really enjoying it so far. We are still working on trying to get to BG for the event. Don't know yet if we can.
It sounds like a great experience and we are still hoping it will work out.

09xlrv

WELCOME to the best XLR forum on the Internet. If you can't make BG, keep in mind the Montana Rocket run next August 3-10, would love if you could make it. Check it out under the "Events" thread.
Rod

1st of all op[en the trunk and underneath the left quarter panel of carpet, there is a cylinder. Make sure the carpet and that area is bone dry. This area is known for standing water and will make for a hectic diagnosis for any upcoming problems. Other people here will chime in and tell you more "trouble areas" too. Because they have had theres longer. But by all means read the owners manual from cover to cover. If you don't have the original then you can find one online here somewhere. Some of us here have "dressed" ours up more then others. Others have left them as stock as possible. Yes by all means try and make it to the Bowling green ky xlr event. You'll be able to see what others have done to theres and they can answer more "hands on" questions you might have.
Welcome to the best xlr site around
Good luck with your dream car

Question, how does water get in the left quarter panel of the trunk? I am asking because my 09 had an issue with water that the dealer said was due to HVAC drain being plugged and caused the body control module to fail, shutting everything down, happened when I drove the car home after purchase. It continued to drive but no brake lights, top wouldn't go up and I couldn't get out of the car after shutting it off until I found the lever in the car. I had just purchased it so I didn't know where everything was and didn't expect this. Want to know if you think this was the real cause.

Thanks so much. Really enjoying it so far. We are still working on trying to get to BG for the event. Don't know yet if we can.
It sounds like a great experience and we are still hoping it will work out.

09xlrv

If you're not doing anything special this Sunday, drop on by Family Arena anytime between 8AM and 3PM - I'll be racing in the parking lot.

Attachments

• ctsvo sig stlsolo#5c.JPG
    ctsvo sig stlsolo#5c.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 238
First off, the BCM is not in the trunk, so if your dealer said it was due to the AC drain being plugged, I would have to agree with that. The folding top module and pump is in a compartment in the left rear trunk area. Some have had issues with their trunks leaking and this compartment fills with water--it the drain for that area is plugged and ruins the FTM and/or pump. It is suggested you check this area to make sure the drain is clear and there is no water in the area. If you notice any water and or dampness, the first order of business is getting the trunk sealed properly, there is a service bulletin regarding this and steps the dealer can take to correct this.

Some will tell you this is a flaw in the XLR design and that all the trunks leak, but I have owned two and have never had an issue with the trunks leaking! Hope the dealer got it all corrected for you and you are back on the road with it!

Question, how does water get in the left quarter panel of the trunk? I am asking because my 09 had an issue with water that the dealer said was due to HVAC drain being plugged and caused the body control module to fail, shutting everything down, happened when I drove the car home after purchase. It continued to drive but no brake lights, top wouldn't go up and I couldn't get out of the car after shutting it off until I found the lever in the car. I had just purchased it so I didn't know where everything was and didn't expect this. Want to know if you think this was the real cause.

Another time, another place.

Well folks, I must say I REALLY LIKE THIS CAR!!!!

(Wipes drool from face)
Oh yeah, it was great to meet you and your son today. Sorry I couldn't stay and talk longer. Today's course was the toughest one all year so I needed to get there and see it a few times before I ran it. I was also told we were going to have lunch early which would have given us another 30 minutes, but the schedule got changed.

You'll find all the events that the Midwest Marauders attend are much, much, much more laid back. (Although they do like to get up early - pre-dawn). We usually get together four or five times a year. Stay tuned to the EVENTS forum for announcements, schedules, and attendees.

Again welcome to the world of XLR ownership and enjoy that gorgeous vehicle of yours.

I'm so jealous....

The BCM is in the electronics bay under the dash on the passenger side. Yes, it can be damaged by a plugged A/C drain. :wave:

Belated Welcome to XLR Net from another Newbie

Wow! Your XLR is basically a new vehicle, and a 'V' to boot. Would love to see pictures.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom