Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Headlight ballast interchangeability!!!!!!!

Grocery-Gtr

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Xenon Blue, I call "Blue Thunder."
Just spit balling on the couch while watching Gold Rush......

This is the XLR headlight ballast XLR ballast.jpg 10 R 020459 / Order#101594457

This is the STS SLS headlight ballast STS SLS Ballast.jpg 10 R 020459 / Order#102012621

I am not a mechanic by any means, but the module looks exactly the same, however numbers are different. Any idea if these ballast are interchangeable?

I am going to offer some advise and you can take it any way you want. Hopefully with well wishes as intended. When you asked about ballast I offered one to you .I also told you how you could easily tell if your 04/05 lights had been updated to 06-09 as the ballast are different .You never answered so I sent you an 04/05 like you said you needed . I could have just as easily given you the one you now are looking for . Maybe Listen to what people are telling you .This is not new to them They have been thru it all before . Just like the bulbs. The headlight ballast interchanges with hundreds of other cars . I ma not going to take the time to cross reference the number you can easily do a google search on it. For your information you have at least one 06 headlight .the other may not be but you can check to see by the way I told you before.

I am going to offer some advise and you can take it any way you want. Hopefully with well wishes as intended. When you asked about ballast I offered one to you .I also told you how you could easily tell if your 04/05 lights had been updated to 06-09 as the ballast are different .You never answered so I sent you an 04/05 like you said you needed . I could have just as easily given you the one you now are looking for . Maybe Listen to what people are telling you .This is not new to them They have been thru it all before . Just like the bulbs. The headlight ballast interchanges with hundreds of other cars . I ma not going to take the time to cross reference the number you can easily do a google search on it. For your information you have at least one 06 headlight .the other may not be but you can check to see by the way I told you
Thanks for the advice. I explained in my reposted that the car was at the Cadillac dealer and I did not have access to answer your question about the correct the ballast. Hind site says I could have called the shop and asked. But then my thought is they are working on hundreds of Cadillac a day and don't have time to stop what there doing to cater to my daily questions. Maybe I'm to respectful of other people time. I searched the forum for ballast information as well as the internet for ballast comparability and got no answers. I do as much research as I can just avoid annoying the forum. Chock it up to the "FNG." I ask for patience because for any new comer to a well run forum like this one with knowledgeable members like you, questions might, no will be asked that may have been covered to ad nauseam in earlier conversations. Mistakes will be made. Messages may not be answered in a timely manner because of system delays or member actions fall short. I've done more research on this car in one month than have on Silverado I've owned for the twenty-eight years. There are times I'm up late trying to find answers to my questions, prior to coming to the forum. I'm not asking for people to do the research or work for me. If people HAPPEN to have a quick answer, then please provide it. In my industry we are taught to go to the subject matter experts with specific questions. Other than Adolph at Capitol Cadillac and a good friend of mine who was an XLR owner at one time, this forum is the subject matter expert and tool in the box for me. I appreciate your help.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom