Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Headlights Not doing high from low beam.

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
"Still have the same problem!" Sometimes the high to low, and low to high works, sometimes it doesn't!! I had a girlfriend, and when a thing did that; I.E. when it wouldn't work , and then all of a sudden worked, and I said, "What's with that?," "She would say, "It had a headache!" Cute, don't you think!!It's been rainy the past few days, but when it clears up I'm going to buy a new #47 relay and try it!

Got a new #27? It's on the passenger side right beside the low beam #47!! HIGH BEAM relay today (at no cost, because it was replaced by me in about October last year, and I got the one that cost about $4 more w/ lifetime warranty at that time!) and the High Beams work again now!!! Praise the Lord!! The printing on the fuse box cover is to small!!!

Last edited:
There are no high or low beams in the traditional sense. The headlight is always on high. This little servo-ish something moves a crappy piece of metal up or down in front of the bulb. Likes to freeze up or rust in place. A classic GM flawed design. And deep in the headlight (not designed to be serviceable).

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom