Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hello old friends

Phrede

Seasoned Member
:wave:Hello to my old friends here as I haven't been here in a long while. I hope you all are well.:wave:

For personal reasons, I have not been able to enjoy my XLR-V much anymore. I can count on one hand the times she has been out the past 2 seasons. So I am considering selling to someone who can enjoy and appreciate her. :( This is not a firm decision at this point, but I am seriously considering it.

Some of you have seen her, others can see pics at https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHVKwpJ

I have not established a price and am looking into that now. It is hard to put a value on her with the custom paint and 41k miles. I'm not looking to get rich, just fair. Any suggestions on that would be appreciated.

Last edited:
:wave:Hello to my old friends here as I haven't been here in a long while. I hope you all are well.:wave:

For personal reasons, I have not been able to enjoy my XLR-V much anymore. I can count on one hand the times she has been out the past 2 seasons. So I am considering selling to someone who can enjoy and appreciate her. :( This is not a firm decision at this point, but I am seriously considering it.

Some of you have seen her, others can see pics at Caddy | Flickr

I have not established a price and am looking into that now. It is hard to put a value on her with the custom paint and 41k miles. I'm not looking to get rich, just fair. Any suggestions on that would be appreciated.

I think you told us here but what year is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you located for this car to be seen.
John F.

SaveSave

Great to hear from you Phrede! Been too long. I traded mine in on a new Z06 this past spring. If you have the time, you may consider driving over to Bowling Green next week. There is a 15th Homecoming going on and a lot of the old gang will be there. Sorry to hear you having some issues, hopefully not too serious.

Sorry to have left out the details. 2008 located an hour SW of Cincinnati.

Hi Cubby. I'm doing a major car shuffle My Ram MegaCab has a buy back on it. My RAV4 is having paint work done, at Toyotas expense, for the second time because of peeling paint. I'm not sticking around for number 3 despite how well the car fits. They all are within 5k of 40000 miles.

So I'm looking for a daily driver for me and the dawgs. Logic tells me to get something I enjoy daily. Tax reasons tell me to look at Dodge. I can get retail for a trade!

Looking at maybe a Durango SRT or a Trailhawk Grand Cherokee with its 700HP. Red light sleepers as long as you don't let anyone hear them.

Nothing is written in stone. I keep hoping things change and I can get back into the Caddy.

Hi Fred, great to hear from you but NOT great to hear you are thinking of selling your XLR.... after getting that amazing paint job. Someone will get a nice car for sure! At the very least you should break it out of the garage and join us for for one last outing at the 15th reunion! Please say Yes!

Phrede,

Im a new XLR owner and have benefitted from your expertise. Can you tell me what solution you ended up with for the back up camera. Thanks much.

Great photos Fred and I wish you well on health issues. Mine is a 2008 as well, 34k miles. I was shocked at the sticker price. My US import was $82,500. Base model. It has Z-06 wheels, drilled and slotted rotors, Corsa exhaust, rear anit-sway bar, V hood and grille. Custom painted engine cover and embroidered hood and trunk felts. A better ride than previous vettes.

Crap world with China Virus eliminating Car Shows, Cruise nites, Swap meets etc.

Take it for a ride even if it hurts!

Last edited:
The link has been fixed

Two years ago you were considering strongly of selling this car,,,,can we assume you changed your mind or did you sell the car? :dunno:

I kept it at that time and still have it. I'm on the fence about selling. It's more of a garage queen which I said I would never have.

Thank you for the reply ;)

Q: "It's more of a garage queen which I said I would never have"

I'm sure many of us have said the same thing over time,,,, :pat:

Yours is sure a beautiful car :thumbsup

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics