Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

HELP

Phil105

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR base
Looking to return to the XLR fold again after several years. Considering a 2007 base with 60,000 miles. What major issues should I be concerned with? Don't want to get back into a money pit but sure do love these cars. Headlights look really good, so other than breaking and requiring finding one/some I'm good there. Appreciate any input you guys can offer. My major concerns are top mechanism and electronics.

James Landi

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 (red) with wire grrile
I have a 2007--- when purchased in 2016, it had 28,000 miles. Three concerns surfaced, as follows: a weird sounding whining sound, at times-- audible with top down-- was the serpentine (original equipment ) belt, occasion hard downshift into first gear in slow moving traffic -- changed transmission fluid to updated chemistry, and very occasionally, an odd roughness/ clunk when parking-- new differential (more slippery) fluid fixed that. I had all the fluids changed -- as I suspect they all age out, pick up moisture. Hope this helps, and I'm certain Phil has a much more comprehensive set of concerns, so please do few his early posts. James

Phil105

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR base
Phil, go back and look at my previous postings about my travails with a Cad dealer last year
HA - - thanks Rexster - - you brought back memories of why I sold mine earlier. Now looking to maybe get back in the game. Hoping somebody will convince me I'm not insane!!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win a Cadillac CTS-V!

Cadillac CTS-V Dream Giveaway

Supporting Vendors

East Coast Used XLR Parts

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Top Bottom