Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hugged her Goodnight

Mountsberg, Ontario, Ca., winters: Port Charlotte
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic
Kind of sad :(, we have had some fairly hard frosts here and it snowed less than 100 miles SOUTH of us so it is just a matter of time before we see early morning black ice and the salt trucks will be spreading that corrosive crud on our streets.

The long story is that my baby got winterized today.:willy_nilly:

Oil changed, gas tank topped up with stabilizer added, fully detailed, battery tender hooked up, put her in her winter resting spot which is the far side of the garage, my winter car is now in the XLR's normal primo parking spot. ;)

Put the cover on her and smoothed it out just nice and I was inspired to spread my hands wide over her and lay my cheek against hers for a brief moment. I was thinking this in my head but Steve grinned as the words spilled out "I will miss you" and I really meant it. :love:

Steve has been winterizing our car collection over the last week and as much as I enjoy those cars I don't ever remember feeling that I will truly 'miss' them as I felt at that moment. :wave: I am such a luck girl to own this car :worship:

Also, I am a bit jealous of those from the warmer climates where there is no salt trucks and snow storms...... but you never get to experience the thrill of the first drive of the spring either! ;)

My sentiments exactly... for me it's like leaving a good friend alone all winter. I store her in my Dad's garage, and don't see her until Spring. Although I'm still driving mine, it's getting cold here some mornings as of late (27, 29) but no white stuff yet. Supposed to maybe get a dusting next Tuesday night, but nothing that won't be gone during the day. Going to a Black Tie/Blue Jeans fundraiser next Friday evening, which we go to every year. Last year, we took the XLR... which Cindy reminded me of last weekend when I WAS going to put her away for the winter. Guess I'll wait and see if the weather holds out so we can take her this year as well. Much as I hate to, I'll probably put her into :sleeping:hibernation:sleeping: next weekend... :(:(

rod,

It was 19° in Missoula the other morning, but we've only been down to about 40° so far here in Atlanta. We usually get our first freeze around November 15, so we are getting close as well.

Today it was 25F or -5C when we left for a swap meet/car show in our '63 C-10. There was lots of black ice on our driveway and the parking lot at our destination :willy_nilly: but the streets were not too bad. We were surprised and releived that the salt trucks did not make an appearance, :worship: they probably were not ready for black ice this early in the season.

Later we were caught in a slush storm in our daily driver truck. Can't wait to go to Florida in a few weeks!

Also, I am a bit jealous of those from the warmer climates where there is no salt trucks and snow storms...... but you never get to experience the thrill of the first drive of the spring either! ;)

I can imagine what a thrill the first drive of the spring is for you!

I only drive mine every few weeks and it is always a thrill to take her out.

I am already anticipating next spring, can't wait already! :willy_nilly:

I purchased this car this past May and when I got it I was a bit unsure how it would handle; too many years of vintage rear wheel drive or modern front wheel drive cars so drove it nearly like a little old lady :chuckle at first until I got used to it.

Next Spring I am sure I will be lifting her skirt and lettin' her dance right from the start! I know exactly what to expect! :rocker:

Note in picture, golf clubs foreground right, snowblower rear right, snow shovel foreground left and electrical cord for the battery tender trailing down the wall! ;)

Graytoad, I really like the red car cover!

It is always sad when the "toys" have to be put away for the long cold winter. The first drive in the spring is always so exciting! For the past few years our first drive has been to Sebring, FL in March for the race.

No hugs goodnight

I live in western Washington where the winters are not as harsh as in the upper midwest or Canada eh so, I don`t lock her up all winter. We do get snow and other frozen stuff from time to time and when that happens good ole DOT dumps sand with salt. They started the salt crap a couple of years ago after a bad snow. Before that, they used and still use, calcium chloride or magnesium chloride. Works like the salt but, its in a liquid form for ease of spraying. Never drive a nice car in that stuff because it eats chrome and stainless steel. Nasty junk. They also use it in eastern Washington and Idaho. If it hasn`t froze, where they put sand on the road or raining, I`ll take my car out to run. I also don`t cover her up because, I want to see her naked in the garage.

I live in western Washington where the winters are not as harsh as in the upper midwest or Canada eh so, I don`t lock her up all winter. We do get snow and other frozen stuff from time to time and when that happens good ole DOT dumps sand with salt. They started the salt crap a couple of years ago after a bad snow. Before that, they used and still use, calcium chloride or magnesium chloride. Works like the salt but, its in a liquid form for ease of spraying. Never drive a nice car in that stuff because it eats chrome and stainless steel. Nasty junk. They also use it in eastern Washington and Idaho. If it hasn`t froze, where they put sand on the road or raining, I`ll take my car out to run. I also don`t cover her up because, I want to see her naked in the garage.

My wife sometime ask me if I'm married to her or the car. I simply say to her which came into my life first, so since we been married 32 years (Feb 23) and together for 34 years (July 2nd) of course she gotten more love then the XLR! So it only goes out on good days and stays in on the ugly days too! :rocker: Caddy Man Dan

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom