Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

I want to thank eack and everyone

Dwolf

Account Suspended
My XLR/V(s)
Black 2009 XLR platinum
I am so happy i have no words to explain this. Ive had ny 09 XLR PLATIUM for about 6mo. I purchased it knowing it had a few quirks. Mainly top issues, the top has never worked sense ive had it, i replaced lift pump,lift motor and the lift module. I really had no clue what ii was doing,i researched everything i could find, ordered the part, installed them,tried top by holding button down, nothing happens, it was the end if a long day of climbing in n out of trunk and dealing with issues through the back of console, next day, yesterday, its a beautiful day so i told myself, its time to get her out of garage to go for drive, decided to try top button again, to my suprise, windiws lowered, trunk lifts, everything is doin exactly as its suposed to, it stowes in trunk as it should, bout hour later i pressed button again, everything works as should.
The info ive been getting on this site is that after installing all this,a relearn would need done with a tech11 scanner,by dealer ir a mechanic that knows the XLR. I guess i must hav gotten really lucky because i did neither, deslership or mechanic.
IN the 24hrs or so sense getting the top working,ive put top un n down several times even tried it on a not so level driveway to see what limits are, seems to have plenty of tolerance sense the drivway was fairly steep, tried top operation with car leaning to one side as well as the rear being much lower than the front, still everything works as should. I pray this keeps up, all in to get this fixed was $730 and my own labor, i am one happy man!

Glad you are now happy!

Wolfie, Reading this site is very valuable to the XLR owners, as you found out > congrats on bringing your ride back up to full compatibility of it's luxury features.

ENJOY the RIDE!

p z

Wondering

Wolfie, Reading this site is very valuable to the XLR owners, as you found out > congrats on bringing your ride back up to full compatibility of it's luxury features.

ENJOY the RIDE!

p z
Im wondering why i didnt have to to the top relear befor getting my top to fumction properly? I was really suprised. As soon as i finished hooking everything up,the lift pump,lift motor and controll module i got in the car started it pressed the button and there she went,i did srop several time to get out to survey everything to b sure all was goin well,it did,no problems so far,even works on a hill as well as a side to side incline,i wanted ro find tollerances to no where i might need to b inorder fior top to functionn seems mine it very tollerant i already loved my XLR but not its something else, having a working top,i havent stopped smiling yet,i havle to show every one who comes around,i still cant believe i got it working as easy as i did,although it wasnt the easy,but worth evey penny and hour spent on it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom