Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!
  • The Cadillac XLR Net is now on instagram! Follow Us!

Indiana State Fair

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
Percherons getting ready for competition

Lady's cart was the 1st competition of the evening.

Next up, 4 horse hitch

6 horse hitch

Clydesdale team

One of the show wagons

Yours for only $500,000:)

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
Great photos! Thanks for posting them!

Beautiful horses and wagons!

And, ummm, what's a "combine" for? I live in Ohio, but closer to the city than the country! :confused:

They are used at harvest time for corn, soybeans or wheat.

They are not used for homegrown.:laugh:

Little Woman

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Cubby's, RIII Attendee, Midwest Marauder Alcohol Czar
Thanks for posting Bruce. Aren't they beautiful animals.
Homegrown maybe if you were driving a combine instead of Misty you would have won against the bike. :chuckle:chuckle Sorry Homegrown I had to say it.

Popbigguy

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 XLR-V RII'07 RIII'08 SA'09 CO'10 NCSC'11 PA'12 BG'13 MT'14 VBOBX'15
I think of the new combines have more features than our cars!! You guys & gals that love your ACC cruise control would like one of the newest feature on some combines: GPS Sat steering!! I think it's kind of like an auto pilot!

First Robin

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Platinum/Ebony,2011DTS,Platinum Edition White Diamond.
What???? You've never priced a combine before? :lol:
Better not look at tractor prices!!

And now you know why small farmers are going broke and the big corporations, many of them foriegn, are buying up the small farms. You should look up and see how much we the taxpayers are paying these people not to plant crops. Bail outs are not new, the farm bailouts go back decades. Since this thread is about the state fair I guess I didn't hijack anything. The farm subsidies you can look up by the county and the name of each person or corporation, it is public information.

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
What???? You've never priced a combine before? :lol:
Better not look at tractor prices!!

Yes, we know how much they cost, we still have a lot of farming in our area. John Deere makes some awesome equipment...Nothing runs like a Deere.

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
More photos

Kathy went back to the State Fair on Saturday to watch the Belgian draft horses, Haflingers and Draft Ponies compete. She visited the Llamas and Alpacas.

Belgians getting ready for competition.

First up Belgian Ladies' Cart.

Lined up inside the Coliseum.

Haflinger Men's Cart.

Belgian Pair Mares getting ready to go into the Coliseum.

Harnesses in their cases. Each harness costs between $6,000-$8,000.

Belgian 6 Horse Hitch.

Belgian 6 Horse Hitch competitors inside the Coliseum.

Unhitching the teams.

Time for a bath.

Home away from Home.

Photo Girl

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Not Yet. Official Photographer and Activities Director of the MMs
Just an FYI:
Horses are measured from the ground to the top of their withers. They are measured in "hands". One hand is equal to 4 inches. Many of the draft horses will be 16-17 hands or taller. aka HUGE! They can weigh between 1800 -2200 lbs.

S

speedway

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Everytime we get a posted thread I get hungry gosh State Fairs have the best food cant just smell the onions cooking yum lets go eat in Indiana.:D:D:D

Fred:patriot::patriot::patriot:

Quinn

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Black XLR-V
Poodle Cut?

I don't think I understand the "poodle cuts" on the llamas - but those babies sure are cute! Love the draft horses... Thanks for posting the pictures ---I forget that the fair is more than the Midway :pukeface: (not a big fan of the Tilt-a-Whirl).

Does Indiana have a Cream Puff Building? :D That's my 2nd favorite place at the WI fair. :beerchug:

~Cathy

Photo Girl

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Everytime we get a posted thread I get hungry gosh State Fairs have the best food cant just smell the onions cooking yum lets go eat in Indiana.:D:D:D

Fred:patriot::patriot::patriot:

This is one of my favorite places to eat! :lol: I really love the elephant ears!

Kathy:chuckle

Photo Girl

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
I don't think I understand the "poodle cuts" on the llamas - but those babies sure are cute! Love the draft horses... Thanks for posting the pictures ---I forget that the fair is more than the Midway :pukeface: (not a big fan of the Tilt-a-Whirl).

Does Indiana have a Cream Puff Building? :D That's my 2nd favorite place at the WI fair. :beerchug:

~Cathy

There wasn't a "Cream Puff" building that I could find. But there was a LOT of good smelling food!

"It's all about the hair!" :chuckle The Alpacas & Llamas were so cute & personable! I thought I wanted one... then I did some research today on the net......too much work! I'll just see them at the fair once a year!

I absolutely love draft horses. I'm amazed at their size and strength. I would be at the State Fair every day (if I didn't have to work :chuckle) It's fun to watch the horses right before they enter the arena...at first they fidget, then they are told by the driver to start moving and the horses kinda "pump up"....it's show time. By the end of the day, some of the horses have been in harness for several hours; they can be a little cranky.

XLR-V Lover

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Black XLR-V
Ahhhhhhh, the smell of food & surf!!! :rocker:

Makes me want to head up to the Jersey shore and walk the great boardwalks!!! :worship:

Right, Bobbbbo!!??

Floyd (BB)

Photo Girl

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Lets sneak over there and have some right now.:lol:

Fred:D

I was going to stop by the Dessert Factory for some ice cream on the way out but there was a line, and I didn't want to wait. I was still full from the elephant ear that I had had earlier that evening:chuckle

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win a Cadillac CTS-V!

Cadillac CTS-V Dream Giveaway

Supporting Vendors

East Coast Used XLR Parts

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Top Bottom