Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Inner Door Panel Removal

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
I need to take the R/inner door panel off because someone pushed the "door Open" button so hard that it went inside of it. I used my door panel tool and can get the right and left sides loose, but the bottom, in the area of the "tip out storage pocket" won't seem to release. Please reply with the precise steps to remove it. What is holding it?? Thank you for any and all responses. P. S. This A.M. I got it loose on both sides and bottom, but something seems to be holding it on the area of the arm rest? How do I get that loose?? I cant see what is holding it, and I surely don't want to damage it!

Last edited:
P.S.

I need to take the R/inner door panel off because someone pushed the "door Open" button so hard that it went inside of it. I used my door panel tool and can get the right and left sides loose, but the bottom, in the area of the "tip out storage pocket" won't seem to release. Please reply with the precise steps to remove it. What is holding it?? Thank you for any and all responses. P. S. This A.M. I got it loose on both sides and bottom, but something seems to be holding it on the area of the arm rest? How do I get that loose?? I cant see what is holding it, and I surely don't want to damage it!

I googled and got a thread on "How to remove thinner door panel;" but it said to "remove the screws behind the pull handle plug." I see no plug in or around the pull handle? Am I blind? where in the devil is that plugon my 2005 XLR???? Someone please reply!!!

Door close handle plug

I googled and got a thread on "How to remove thinner door panel;" but it said to "remove the screws behind the pull handle plug." I see no plug in or around the pull handle? Am I blind? where in the devil is that plugon my 2005 XLR???? Someone please reply!!!

I found out it is not a "plug" it is a small rubber piece where your finger tips are when you hold the "door close handle" Lift that piece out and there are to cap screws that you must remove to get the door panel off; among other things.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom