Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

interior courtesy lights

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
The interior courtesy lights are giving me a fit!! Just below the driver info center there is a button with a light symbol on it. The owners manual says that that turns them off. The doors are closed and it will not do it!!They go off after about 15 minutest-20 minutes after the doors are closed ?? Then at night I have to drive with them on for that time, which is not fun. Help!!!! By the way- I know that 20 minutes is the" time out" for all lighting-like the under hood light when the hood is left up,so the battery is not run down; so there must be a special timer for the inside courtesy lights that went bad? but where is it? ( P.S. the door courtesy lights come on when the doors are opened, and go out when the doors are closed.) Come on you guys with a repair manual....tell me what the answer is.

Last edited:
I just developed the same problem on my 04.
Will post when I find the cause/solution.

My post was in January 2019! I fixed it long ago! It was the plug on the interior miror- it needed to be pushed in a little more -it was on an angle and not making full contact!, causing it to stay on

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom