Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Interior trunk trim parts needed

Brix-21

My XLR/V(s)
2004 THUNDER GRAY-XLR
Hi, I am in need of 2 gray caps that cover the 2 main screws (right and left side) that hold down trunk trim on the inside of trunk (the trunk trim that holds the trunk floor carpet in place). Had the car detailed prior to the winter storage and just unwinterized and noticed them missing. They are approximately 1 inch round with two tads to secure them in place. Look at photo where they neeed to go. Any help in obtaining these will totally appreciated. Thanks!!

2 xlr thumbnail_IMG_1430.jpg

Hi, I am in need of 2 gray caps that cover the 2 main screws (right and left side) that hold down trunk trim on the inside of trunk (the trunk trim that holds the trunk floor carpet in place). Had the car detailed prior to the winter storage and just unwinterized and noticed them missing. They are approximately 1 inch round with two tads to secure them in place. Look at photo where they neeed to go. Any help in obtaining these will totally appreciated. Thanks!!

View attachment 14835
Try a GM dealership body shop or any body shop for that matter. I'm sure they may be interchangable with other GM trunk trims. Being a former Auto Body repairman we are known for keeping boxes / containers of misc bolts, screws plastic clips etc. Maybe there is a body man near you that might have something that works.
If that doesn't pan out perhaps you can make one ... Take a hole saw where the inside diameter of the hole saw is the same size as the outside diameter of the trim hole, cut out a piece of some plastic similar to the trim or even 3D print that. Just thinking outside the box. Good luck.

I was able to locate the part number and ordered a few caps from GM. Package due next week. Apparently all XLR interior trunk colors are the same gray and there is only one color option for the part. Here is the part number:

#10345802​
PLUG-R/CMPT SILL TR PLT HOLE *EBONY*​

Trim caps arrived today and the EBONY is a perfect match. I ordered them from GMPartsGiant.com. Bought 2 sets (4 total caps) at $4 per cap plus $12 priority shipping (no choice shipping) for a $28 total. I'm extremely happy! xlr2.jpgxlr.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom