Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

ISO 2007 XLR-V in Xenon Blue

ghawk

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR-V Black/Shale
I recently showed our new ride to a friend and he has become quite enamored with it. Long story short, he wants one in blue, has to be a V so it narrows the list fast to a 2007 in Xenon Blue. (I know there are 2009's in blue but the wrong blue :)) I know these are few and far between but if anyone ever sees one come up for sale, I would appreciate a heads up.

Thanks,

Gary

ScottH in our group owns a 2007 V Xenon Blue in Atlanta. He may be interested. The second best color. Your friend has good taste, not great taste but good taste when it comes to color. Yes, everyone knows the color is RED. 2007 XLR V (41K mi) sold last week at Barrett Jackson auction for a little over $74K after commissions. Of course it was RED in color. :)

Last edited:
I recently showed our new ride to a friend and he has become quite enamored with it. Long story short, he wants one in blue, has to be a V so it narrows the list fast to a 2007 in Xenon Blue. (I know there are 2009's in blue but the wrong blue :)) I know these are few and far between but if anyone ever sees one come up for sale, I would appreciate a heads up.

Thanks,

Gary

Ya, that would be my dream car also, I think there were 16 built.

Crimson Pearl (04-05)
Infrared (06-07) the Best Red :lol:
Passion Red (07)
Crystal Red (08-09)

oh ,that looks like the one most people would call burgundy. I guess I have had so many Guards red Porsches To me red is Bright and solid

Thanks for the heads up...I will investigate. I don't think that the color had as much to do with the B-J sales as much as the amount of booze consumed by the bidders - I cant remember seeing anyone buying a car without a drink in their hands. ;)

Gary

Sorry Al, but Xenon Blue is the best color for a V :)

Attachments

• 81DCB377-74E5-462E-B563-F4EA28EBEAB8.jpg
    81DCB377-74E5-462E-B563-F4EA28EBEAB8.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 387
That's beautiful ScottH. Let me know if you ever decide to part with her.

Gary

Hi Gary...I love this car, but am willing to discuss the possibility. Please send a PM if your friend is serious. Thanks!

I LOVE my non V Xenon Blue XLR! Just such an amazing color that has to be seen in the sunlight or under lights to be truly appreciated.
I just bought a supercharged lc3 motor out of an 06 STS-V today, that I'm hoping to either swap with my motor, or retrofit my motor with the supercharger & essentials from the V motor. Does anyone have or know of someone that has actual experience (not theory) with this??? I'm only interested in facts from real world experience, not thoughts, please & thank you. :)
20181212_155919.jpg20181212_160339[14359].jpg

There are a number of topics I have seen on quite a few forums (Cadillac owners and vette forums) that talk about an LS motor swap into the XLR, but very little detailed information or documented success. The physical bolt in is not the issue, it is the systems integration into the LAN communication network and getting all of the functions working again. That said, I have seen someone put a Hellcat engine into a Prius...so I'm sure with enough money...:cool:

Gary

attachment.php

It took me a helleva time to find my picture with the Best color. The one to the Right obviously. Where are your ladies ScottH?

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back