Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

it will be like 'New Car Day'

Mountsberg, Ontario, Ca., winters: Port Charlotte
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic
Hey y'all, I have not been on the forum much this past summer. Some of you may had seen my post that I had to leave my XLR in Florida for the summer. Hubby Steve had fast advancing cataracts and took himself off the road in early March so when it was time to drive home we only had one driver but two cars that were supposed to be going. Since we were hosting the inaugural Ontario Oldsmobile Nationals on our property I was eager to bring home our only Oldsmobile at the time: our 1961 Dynamic 88 Fiesta station wagon - and thus the XLR lost out.

Well we arrived in Florida finally (we were delayed getting here - but that is another story) and the XLR is raring to go for a drive: so tomorrow is the day! It will be like it is a New Car: I have been missing that awesome feeling when I drive the X & anticipating this 'first drive of the season' for months. We get to have those 'first drives' every spring in the Great White North but it is different when you are living a forced separation from your car due to circumstances beyond your control.

Anyway: it will be great to 'be back' behind the wheel :burnout: and likely be kicking around here more now too!

Sandy G

UPDATE: fabulous drive: all the wile I had that 'XLR grin' spread across my face! I love the sound Northstar with the Corsa exhaust when I stand on it: not to mention that she 'picks up her skirt and flies' too on command!

Last edited:
hey if you left the 88 in Canada let me know where so I can go up and "borrow" it for a while . One of my fav cars I ever owned. I also had a 61 bubble top and it would bake your brains out if you rode in the back seat

hey if you left the 88 in Canada let me know where so I can go up and "borrow" it for a while . One of my fav cars I ever owned. I also had a 61 bubble top and it would bake your brains out if you rode in the back seat

Yes it the 88 Burb is in Ontario at an UNDISCLOSED LOCATION for its protection! :laugh:

Bluebeast wishes all of our fellow XLR owners a very Happy Thanksgiving. May all have good food and family and friends together to celebrate. May we all be blessed with good health and top down driving days in the next year.
Cathie and Paul

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back