Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

leather on door

hawkeye372

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 infrared xlr
I'm here and on FB. But i'm on this site more and more rather then FB. Trying to figure out how much i really want the upgrade v thats down at the drealership here in st augustine. It only has around 8300 miles on her. But the darker wood trim, the v badging and of corse the raised hood scoop. I also like the upgraded v mesh grill. The only thing mine has thats bothering me a little is there is a brown mark that is turning green on the armrest. This mark was here when i got it. I think the previous owner rested his left leg or his knee was always bumping that area. I thought the v had the rectangular pipe tips but i guess they didn't come out till later yrs :dunno:?

I'm here and on FB. But i'm on this site more and more rather then FB. Trying to figure out how much i really want the upgrade v thats down at the drealership here in st augustine. It only has around 8300 miles on her. But the darker wood trim, the v badging and of corse the raised hood scoop. I also like the upgraded v mesh grill. The only thing mine has thats bothering me a little is there is a brown mark that is turning green on the armrest. This mark was here when i got it. I think the previous owner rested his left leg or his knee was always bumping that area. I thought the v had the rectangular pipe tips but i guess they didn't come out till later yrs :dunno:?

--If the leather on the armrest is changing color, (and it isn't a huge spot) remove the problem area with some 400 grit sandpaper, then apply black shoe polish and buff it out. I had some damage to my steering wheel and fixed it this way. You'll never know it was there!

CC

--If the leather on the armrest is changing color, (and it isn't a huge spot) remove the problem area with some 400 grit sandpaper, then apply black shoe polish and buff it out. I had some damage to my steering wheel and fixed it this way. You'll never know it was there!

CC

Thanks, but its a tan armrest. If i use black shoe polish will that turn it the black color not tan? also the area is right where the stitching is too
photo.jpg

Thanks, but its a tan armrest. If i use black shoe polish will that turn it the black color not tan? also the area is right where the stitching is too
View attachment 3213

Here something I have been using for all kind of scuffs on the interior I use a Mr Eraser make it wet and wipe it lightly it does wonders on cleaning the leather seats too and i always wipe with fresh clean warm water to clean it good than wipe dry with a clean cloth, but you must put a leather dressing back on it after cleaning for protection. I use it on the steering wheel I thought the leather was wearing and here it was dirt build from hands! But a small spot where it was run through!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan Gouker

Here something I have been using for all kind of scuffs on the interior I use a Mr Eraser make it wet and wipe it lightly it does wonders on cleaning the leather seats too and i always wipe with fresh clean warm water to clean it good than wipe dry with a clean cloth, but you must put a leather dressing back on it after cleaning for protection. I use it on the steering wheel I thought the leather was wearing and here it was dirt build from hands! But a small spot where it was run through!

Thanks Dan Gouker

Dan,
I think you ruined Hawkeye's excuse for getting that XLR-V he wants! :chuckle

Dan,
I think you ruined Hawkeye's excuse for getting that XLR-V he wants! :chuckle

Maybe but here really "wants both" In case you did not notice!! LOL

Thanks Dan Gouker

Maybe but here really "wants both" In case you did not notice!! LOL

Thanks Dan Gouker

Well. i used that magic eraser. But all it did was get the green tint off. Yes i really wanted the V but found out that it was sold a couple days ago. The new owners will pick it up around thursday. But i did give the sales guy a card and told him to please let the new owners know about the site here.

Thanks Dan Gouker

When i was at the dealership (they had a coupon for a battery check on the site) I went over to the parts dept. The guy quoted me a price of a new one would be around 302.39. Part # 89039715. That didn't include labor. So one of the service techs i work with said they have just started using this guy that comes around to refinish leather and upholstery. They said it would probably be a lot cheaper :dunno:. So if it gets to be a eye sore. then i might just go that route.

Thanks Dan Gouker

The Mr. Clean Eraser is also really good for getting shoe scuffs off interior plastic. The Cashmere interior shows that really bad (especially on the corners of the front seats) & I tried everything to get them off with no luck until the eraser. Just be gentle & take lots of light passes instead of a few heavy ones, because it can knock the texture down if you aren't careful.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom