Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

LED DRL's/Turn Signals

kurtzr

My XLR/V(s)
I've read through the thread that discusses in great detail how to convert the incandescent 3757A bulbs to LED's. Sounds simple enough, but I'm curious about hyperflash. What are the downsides to allowing the turnsignals to hyperflash if you choose not to install the recommended resistance load? Does it store an error code in the ECM? Does it trigger a dashboard warning message? I kind of like the videos I've seen for turnsignals in hyperflash mode. Seems to me other drivers would get a clear indication of your intentions to turn.

drl's

I replaced my front turn signal bulbs with LED's and added the resistors. However they blink the same (normal) with or without the resistors.

leds

mine blinked the same as stock when I had them installed. I have seen a few cars that hyper flash. But I did not use the resistors. Work perfectly. I just asked my brother the state trooper and he said he had never given a tcicket or heard of anyone getting one in South Carolina for blinking too fast. He said that may be under the same law that says when giving hand signals , you may get a ticket for sticking your arm out too far. HAHAHA GOBBLE GOOBLE

Do you install the resisters in parallel or series in the bulb circuit?

Asked my husband who did this on ours - not sure how to fit what he did to your question, but maybe the following will help (first is link to forum write up, last thing is the instructions from the place he bought from):

LED Turn Signals/DRLs

Attachments

• DC604F1C-E689-47EB-8C67-1C684EC25431.jpg
    DC604F1C-E689-47EB-8C67-1C684EC25431.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
The way I installed this and the way the procedures called for was a parallel install. Not sure why this works because the electrons usually follow the least resistance path, but this eliminated the hyperflashing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back