Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Manufacturer of xlr roof assembly

rheavn

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
'09 Platinum #787
I am trying to help another XLR owner who is looking for some tech support. Does anyone have the web site for the roof assembly manufacturer???

I have read who built the roof, but now can't find it. Search no help.

It was made by a German company called Car Top Systems. If you google “Car Top Systems”, you’ll find it was bought out by Magna International in 2005 and is now called Magna Car Top Systems. Looks like you might find contact info for that co. if you work through the google results.

Good luck!

Thank you very much. That was exactly what I needed!!!

I went to the Magna site and could not find one word about Cadillacs, I wonder if they dropped interest in these tops?

If I recall correctly, Car Top Systems set up a satellite location near the BG plant solely for the purpose of manufacturing the XLR tops. When the XLR stopped being manufactured, they packed up and moved on. My guess is no one there is going to be interested in helping with the XLR, but it never hurts to try.

you will get the response .Please go to your dealer service department as they are qualified to make repairs. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
There was a question about an upgraded hinge and searched for an answer. the best I could find was a purchase when new in 04 and the part number when last available was still the same. So I would bet there is not upgraded hinge as the part number would be superseded.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom