Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

mat and trunk divider grommet fix?

dck

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR V
Hey Everyone..

My XLR has just cracked 50k in miles and wanted to take care of a few things.

Over time and (car wash places) the grommets on my mats and the divider in the trunk have been ripped out of the material. Is there a fix to re-installing the grommets?

Thanks

When I had my 04, the dealer replaced the trunk divider grommets under warranty. I don't believe they are very expensive, and the new ones have held up for years. (When I picked up my 08, its trunk grommets were broken, so we just swapped dividers.)

When I had my 04, the dealer replaced the trunk divider grommets under warranty. I don't believe they are very expensive, and the new ones have held up for years. (When I picked up my 08, its trunk grommets were broken, so we just swapped dividers.)
I would think with the car being out of warrenty they (the dealer) won't help me with this. Would anyone know if the parts are available and what the procedure is to reinstall them?Thanks again for the reply

If you have a real good sewing or fabric store available to you, you should be able to purchase a kit complete with the grommets and the tool to seat them, or you may have to purchase the items separately.

Also, anyone that makes custom boat covers should be able to replace them for you.

FWIW, I replaced the grommets in a set of floor mats for the XLR (they came w/ the wrong size grommets). It was a breeze. The grommets themselves come apart using a putty knife (just about any knife would work, too). They just snap together. I unsnapped the wrong size ones, and snapped in the right ones. To make sure they were seated, I took a 1" socket and a hammer, and tapped the socket against the grommets on the concrete.

No issues. :blinzel:

Tim

grommets?

FWIW, I replaced the grommets in a set of floor mats for the XLR (they came w/ the wrong size grommets). It was a breeze. The grommets themselves come apart using a putty knife (just about any knife would work, too). They just snap together. I unsnapped the wrong size ones, and snapped in the right ones. To make sure they were seated, I took a 1" socket and a hammer, and tapped the socket against the grommets on the concrete.

No issues. :blinzel:

Tim

Tim, I also have the same problem,the grommets on the mat are to BIG for the studs on the floor carpet. I don't know how to tell the size diff. when ordering from dealer.do you have a part #? thanks, Al

Al, I'm currently in a different state than my XLR (bummer), but I'll look it up when I get back in a week and a half. Instead of being snowed on in CO, I'm being rained on in the desert. :confused:

Go figure.

Tim

Tim, I also have the same problem,the grommets on the mat are to BIG for the studs on the floor carpet. I don't know how to tell the size diff. when ordering from dealer.do you have a part #? thanks, Al

grommets

Al, I'm currently in a different state than my XLR (bummer), but I'll look it up when I get back in a week and a half. Instead of being snowed on in CO, I'm being rained on in the desert. :confused:

Go figure.

Tim
Thanks Tim, will wait to hear from you. Al :cool:

Go figure.

Tim

I am looking for the correct size grommets as well. Tim did you ever find the part numbers?

I just ordered some from GMPartsGiant.com. I don't have a Service Manual and they have good exploded parts views and a good way to verify you are ordering the correct part. If it is the grommets that secure the deck liner, they are GM part# 11519949. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grommets

Using the exploded diagram on the GM Parts Giant website I ordered what I could find that looked like a grommet for the carpet in the cabin and the divider in the trunk. Some of the replacements I received would not fit my 2006 XLR. To save someone from ordering the wrong parts here are the ones in the diagram that DO NOT FIT.

10344097 It's a grommet with a very small hole, but doesn't look like any in my car.
10344096 Looks like the part that fits under the carpet the grommet attaches to.

I did receive a third one 19167704 which consists of both parts of a grommet that snaps together. It looks like it may be the right size, but will have to try it to make sure it is the correct one. Will report back on this one.

Using the exploded diagram on the GM Parts Giant website I ordered what I could find that looked like a grommet for the carpet in the cabin and the divider in the trunk. Some of the replacements I received would not fit my 2006 XLR. To save someone from ordering the wrong parts here are the ones in the diagram that DO NOT FIT.

10344097 It's a grommet with a very small hole, but doesn't look like any in my car.
10344096 Looks like the part that fits under the carpet the grommet attaches to.

I did receive a third one 19167704 which consists of both parts of a grommet that snaps together. It looks like it may be the right size, but will have to try it to make sure it is the correct one. Will report back on this one.

Do we have two diff. sizes? early yrs & later yrs? the top of the studs on my grommets meas.3/8ths of an in. they get a little thicker as you move down the stud.they are the same size for trunk divider/floor mats. I have a 05. :dunno: Al

Well the 19167704 is too big to fit the part that sticks up from underneath the carpet so I have struck out, just wasted my money. For now I'll just do without the ones in the trunk for the cargo divider and storage compartment in the floor.

I tried one more time ordering from the XLR drawing on the GM Parts Giant web site p/n: 11519949 and 19167707 did not fit, no luck. I now have plenty of relatively expensive small plastic part that don't fit anything. That exhausts anything that looks like it fits the retainers for the floor mats, cargo divider, or storage compartment on the drawing. If anyone ever finds the correct part number posting it would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Also looking for the correct part number........

Well the 19167704 is too big to fit the part that sticks up from underneath the carpet so I have struck out, just wasted my money. For now I'll just do without the ones in the trunk for the cargo divider and storage compartment in the floor.

I tried one more time ordering from the XLR drawing on the GM Parts Giant web site p/n: 11519949 and 19167707 did not fit, no luck. I now have plenty of relatively expensive small plastic part that don't fit anything. That exhausts anything that looks like it fits the retainers for the floor mats, cargo divider, or storage compartment on the drawing.

If anyone ever finds the correct part number posting it would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I'm also in need of 2 of the two-part, plastic grommet that fits on the divider, which snaps down onto the floor 'stud' grommet. Did anyone ever track down this correct part and part number? It would be appreciated,,,as stated above
by 'onalaska'.

The underside of both grommet are missing entirely in my car. I measured the top part and it is >>> OD: 1 1/4"
HOLE on the top side: 3/8" HOLE on the underside: 5/8"

Thanks for any help with this issue

Last edited:
onalaska ... can you check back to this thread?

Using the exploded diagram on the GM Parts Giant website I ordered what I could find that looked like a grommet for the carpet ........

onalaska,, Is p/n # 19167704 , the two-piece grommet that is the correct grommet for the trunk divider > female grommet , that snaps down onto the trunk carpet male grommet?
Thanks for a reply,,,,need HELP with this problem!

pure zen,

He did respond back to this thread in post # 13--It is copied below.

I tried one more time ordering from the XLR drawing on the GM Parts Giant web site p/n: 11519949 and 19167707 did not fit, no luck. I now have plenty of relatively expensive small plastic part that don't fit anything. That exhausts anything that looks like it fits the retainers for the floor mats, cargo divider, or storage compartment on the drawing. If anyone ever finds the correct part number posting it would be appreciated.

onalaska,, Is p/n # 19167704 , the two-piece grommet that is the correct grommet for the trunk divider > female grommet , that snaps down onto the trunk carpet male grommet?
Thanks for a reply,,,,need HELP with this problem!

TSB#08-08-110-010 Floor Mat and/or Trunk Partition Retainers

I know this thread is a few months old but, there is actually a service bulletin to replace these retainers with a new style. The service bulletin is
08-08-110-010. Complete with part numbers.

Hope this helps. I am replacing my retainers too.

I know this thread is a few months old but, there is actually a service bulletin to replace these retainers with a new style. The service bulletin is
08-08-110-010. Complete with part numbers.

Hope this helps. I am replacing my retainers too.

Thank you for passing this on as my V is going in for some maintenance and I'd like to hand them a copy of the TSB to save them the trouble of telling me that it's not covered.

Tell me now...how exactly do you get the TSB without paying for a subscription to one of these "providers"?

Last edited:
Hi, I believe it is GM Part:TRUNK TRIM PANEL CLIP #25605716

I just finished searching for myself and believe that's the clip that secures the carpeting around the trunk to hide the wires and other items that GM wanted to shield from view.

Wow, talking about a delayed response, I just noticed you requested an answer in October 2014.
:(

Good luck,
Don

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry