Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Meet and Greet Colorado Trip

Little Woman

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Cubby's, RIII Attendee, Midwest Marauder Alcohol Czar
I would like to try and get reservations for a meet and greet Monday the 24th at 6:30pm. Who ever is planning on joining needs to let me know so I can get a count for reservations. I am going to try the Phantom first. So far the following has said yes. Please let me know.

Bruce & Kathy aka Cadillac Tech & Photo Girl
Ray & Ruth Ann aka Detail Guy & Loloa's Mom
Kevin & Marion aka Cubby & Little Woman

Places to check out for meet and greet.
I've been looking on the internet at local restaurants in Colorado Springs for our meet and greet. Here are some links, check them out and give your input.

http://www.restauranteur.com/phantom/menu.htm

http://www.dublinhouseco.com/index.html

http://coloradosprings.citysearch.co...an/81479_11190

I think the Phantom Canyon Brewing Co. sounded interesting and they got high reveiws. It also has history if you read about them. You can also go to the last link I have supplied and check out restaurants yourselves and see if there is something else that catches your eye. There is reveiws on the last site I have provided of restauants in Colorado Springs. I am not from Colorado Springs but I am trying to research via the internet so, I can not speak for the places from personal opinion.

If there is to be a meet and greet people need to start speaking up. Where would you like to do it and which day Sunday or Monday? Input is urged. Also Phantom Brewery we can get reservations. It is very important that speak now or forever hold your peace. If I get no response I will just drop it.

List of Yes

George aka IndyXLRVGuy
Robert aka First Robin
David & Cathy aka DD & Quinn
Chad & Rogene aka Popbigguy
Jim & Sharon aka Silver Streak
Kent & Isai aka Jetboy
Rich aka Homegameroom

Chad & Rogene, Count us in!

Thanks Chad.
The restaurant may change. I have been informed, by another member who lives in Colorado thank you FR, that Phantom we would have to pay for parking. First Robin is suggesting other places for me to look into. I will keep everyone posted.

Parking fees are okay with us ....

There are better places, I have been told the Phanthom is very noisey, you can not carry on a conversation, plus the parking fees. At a couple of others they even have private rooms, free parking and great food and drinks. I know Little Woman will check them out and see what she thinks. I know it is a hard job when you live in another state and are not familiar with what Colorado Springs has to offer. The Dublin house is way up North and has become quite rundown, not a nice place anymore.:(:(:( Regardless of where it is held you will never be able to please everyone.

There are better places, I have been told the Phanthom is very noisey, you can not carry on a conversation, plus the parking fees. At a couple of others they even have private rooms, free parking and great food and drinks. I know Little Woman will check them out and see what she thinks. I know it is a hard job when you live in another state and are not familiar with what Colorado Springs has to offer. The Dublin house is way up North and has become quite rundown, not a nice place anymore.:(:(:( Regardless of where it is held you will never be able to please everyone.

Thanks First Robin and Photo Girl for helping. I appreciate all the input.
I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks First Robin and Photo Girl for helping with find a new and better place. I appreciate all the input. We will not be using the Phantom, I will be checking into a couple of other suggestions made.
I will keep everyone posted.

We all owe Marion a Big Thank You, for doing all the work to put together a Meet and Greet in Colorado Springs. This is a lot of work she is doing for all of us. If we had stayed with the original plan of combining with the Corvette people there would have been a large group in Colorado Springs that have already been through this and had a couple of very successful large events here. The Corvette people that I know think it is the silliest thing ever that some thought the two groups wouldn't get along. Some XLR owners in this area still participate with the Corvette folks on their drives and social get togethers.

To everyone that has gotten a pm from me regarding the dinner/meet and greet on Monday, I cut and pasted the message and accidentally left Rogene's name in there. Rogene is Chad aka Popbigguy's wife. Sorry, for the error. I already have the answer Rogene will be joining us.
:D

No thanks is needed for just making reservations. One thing my husbands says I know how to do and do well is make reservations. :chuckle:chuckle

My only question would be what is everyone planning on doing Monday? Should we be making some sort of plan to meet up and go do something close/easy for the first day?

I would think everyone would be tired of driving, riding long distance to get here so maybe checking out the Kemp Sculptures which are amazing, large birds and butterflies and so forth higher than the house roof that turn in the breeze, all hand made by the artist that designed them. Check out the Broadmoor, Garden of the Gods, Cliff Dwelings in Manito, just things local and there are plenty of them to check out. Just suggestions, it is up to the people driving here as to what they want to do.

Great suggestions, Thank you

Always happy to help a Kanuk, my Great Grandmother was a Kanuk and I need help finding more about her parents. I have so much fun playing with my dead relatives, more than playing with the ones still alive. LOL

Thanks for organizing! I'm in and should have a guest, Isai

List of Yes

So far here is the list for members that have responded to the dinner Monday the 24th. I will be trying to get reservations for 6:30. If I have missed anyone please pm me and let me know. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

List of Yes
George aka IndyXLRVGuy
Robert aka First Robin
David & Cathy aka DD & Quinn
Chad & Rogene aka Popbigguy
Jim & Sharon aka Silver Streak
Kent & Isai aka Jetboy
Rich aka Homegameroom
Brian & June aka Madmac
Jack & Lynda aka jackparker06

Yes, we do owe Marion a big thank you for all of her work on the Meet & Greet. This event in Colorado Springs will be a successful event. When the Midwest people get together, it's always a fun time. If there is anyone who didn't think other gatherings were good, that's their own fault. (Whether it was one of the gatherings in Bowling Green, KY or San Antonio, TX.) As for the Corvette people that you know - those people are few and far between. I've been around Corvette owners since '99...on road tours, at banquets, at historic car races, etc. and the majority of Corvette owners do not want XLR people around. (Care to elaborate, Marion? :) ) And I know this because...I am a Corvette owner.

We all owe Marion a Big Thank You, for doing all the work to put together a Meet and Greet in Colorado Springs. This is a lot of work she is doing for all of us. If we had stayed with the original plan of combining with the Corvette people there would have been a large group in Colorado Springs that have already been through this and had a couple of very successful large events here. The Corvette people that I know think it is the silliest thing ever that some thought the two groups wouldn't get along. Some XLR owners in this area still participate with the Corvette folks on their drives and social get togethers.

Yes, we do owe Marion a big thank you for all of her work on the Meet & Greet. This event in Colorado Springs will be a successful event. When the Midwest people get together, it's always a fun time. If there is anyone who didn't think other gatherings were good, that's their own fault. (Whether it was one of the gatherings in Bowling Green, KY or San Antonio, TX.) As for the Corvette people that you know - those people are few and far between. I've been around Corvette owners since '99...on road tours, at banquets, at historic car races, etc. and the majority of Corvette owners do not want XLR people around. (Care to elaborate, Marion? :) ) And I know this because...I am a Corvette owner.
I do know that we have done a few things and have been shunned a few times. There is one big Corvette event we go to for probably two years now. The first time we showed up they put us in a back corner. Last year when we went I heard people saying what are those cars doing here. We got mixed reviews. Some people came up inquired about the car liked the car. Some were offended we were even there. I could go on but I won't. All I know is that this is my vacation and I do not want to have drama over who has what and which one is faster. I just like cars period make and model doesn't matter to me.

I think it just depends on the type of people you run into at events. I will say we had a wonderful time in Asheville; which was a Corvette and XLR trip planned by an owner of both a Corvette and XLR. For the most part, everyone was friendly and got along--always tough when people get together, as personalities can clash sometimes. We met some great people who were Corvette owners and were really interested to find out about our XLR's.

Over the years, the Midwest group has gotten together for several trips, it has always been about the people, not the cars. Our friendships have grown and it will continue to be about our friends and where we visit!!

I do know that we have done a few things and have been shunned a few times. There is one big Corvette event we go to for probably two years now. The first time we showed up they put us in a back corner. Last year when we went I heard people saying what are those cars doing here. We got mixed reviews. Some people came up inquired about the car liked the car. Some were offended we were even there. I could go on but I won't. All I know is that this is my vacation and I do not want to have drama over who has what and which one is faster. I just like cars period make and model doesn't matter to me.

Over the years, the Midwest group has gotten together for several trips, it has always been about the people, not the cars. Our friendships have grown and it will continue to be about our friends and where we visit!!

When Devin and I first met the group in Indy, last fall for our Drive to Madison, IN, the group could not have been nicer. I think this group has wonderful people in it, that, like Kevin says, just like to hang out together. I work with a few Corvette Club people (long time Vette owners) and I am hoping to get together with them this weekend. While it does help to already know some of them, we'll see how receptive the others are to the XLR. But XLR or not, the midwest people that Devin & I have already met so far, are TOP NOTCH. I'm very proud to call all of you my friends. :wave:

Marion .... I am very happy that you took this on ... I, frankly, have never cared what kind of car anyone drove .... still don't. My only question is .... Where and When is the Meet and Greet???!!! :party

And, is there a final place and time to show up for the detailing company?? And that's on when .... Sunday or Monday??

We will be rolling in sometime late Sunday afternoon to early evening I think .... coming in from Albuquerque that morning ... very carefully through Santa Rosa County ... lol

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom