Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Mid America 2015

rleonard

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
06 Infra Red XLR-V Midwest Marauder; Chief Machinist
The show had perfect weather. Many groups of Corvettes were seen running around.

I was in no shape to watch anything. My back surgery was performed last Tuesday and I have been dealing with that. Lots of sleep and rest.

Many well wishes from our XLR friends. Thank you all for them.

Bob

The show had perfect weather. Many groups of Corvettes were seen running around.

I was in no shape to watch anything. My back surgery was performed last Tuesday and I have been dealing with that. Lots of sleep and rest.

Bob

Speedy recovery Bob. :wave: I seemed to have missed the posting about your surgery.

Yeah, I rolled thru for an hour Saturday morning on my way to a racing event in Rantoul. When I left around 11AM they were just starting to park Vettes in our usual spot. Event seems less crowded than usual.

Speedy recovery my friend. PJ and I will keep you in our prayers.

Thanks for the note Giz. How did it go In Rantoul?

Bob

Hi Bob,

Really miss attending the event. Lots of good memories. Sorry to hear that you needed surgery, but hope that it's all better after your recovery.

Steven & Diane

Thanks for the note Giz. How did it go In Rantoul?

This was OmegaMotorsports first Midwest 1/2 mile event. The runway was still wet in some spots when I arrived. Did a quick walkthru and decided the runway surface was too rough for ELWOOD and the tires I had mounted. Because this was a new event for the area there were less than 100 competitors on Saturday and less than 60 on Sunday. Which meant the wait time to run was less than 10 minutes. Most did over a dozen races on Saturday. And as I anticipated after seeing the runway, most had traction issues - spinning the tires in the first three gears.

I had thought side by side runway racing might be risky at best, but after seeing it in action, I like it. And for $200/day, the price is right along the same as Texas Mile or WannaGoFast events. Most of all, I can't beat how close it is.

Technically, they do need to improve the spectator experience. Timing results worked less than half the runs. There was no PA or radio announcer or commentary. But like I said this is their first Midwest event. I expect it to get bigger and better the more they do it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom