Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Mid-Ohio August 3-5 2012

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
This is a really fun race weekend. Plenty of racing & great friends to hang out with. Once again we will have our own infield parking corral for anyone that would like to park with us. All you will need to do is buy an infield parking pass ($25) along with your ticket, drive into the infield & look for "Camp Toffolo". Check out the links below;

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Schedule - Mid-Ohio Sports Car Challenge / The Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Store - ALMS/INDYCAR12 - Infield Parking - Standard Price

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Store - Mid-Ohio Sports Car Challenge/The Honda Indy 200

Hotel information

Here are links to 3 hotels near Sunbury Ohio (Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express & Days Inn) where we stay each year for this race. We are booked @ the Hampton Inn. The hotels are north of Columbus, OH on I-71. It is about a 35 mile drive north to the track. There aren't very many places to stay in near Mid-Ohio, so if you are interested, book your room early.:wave:

Sunbury Hotels | Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware I-71 North | Sunbury, OH

Sunbury Hotels - Holiday Inn Express Hotels Sunbury-Columbus Area Hotel in Sunbury | Best Price Guarantee or First Night Free

hotels near sunbury ohio - Google Maps

UPDATE!!

Found a room available at the Sunbury exit. We'll see everyone there.

Here are links to 3 hotels near Sunbury Ohio (Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express & Days Inn) where we stay each year for this race. We are booked @ the Hampton Inn. The hotels are north of Columbus, OH on I-71. It is about a 35 mile drive north to the track. There aren't very many places to stay in near Mid-Ohio, so if you are interested, book your room early.:wave:

Sunbury Hotels | Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware I-71 North | Sunbury, OH

Sunbury Hotels - Holiday Inn Express Hotels Sunbury-Columbus Area Hotel in Sunbury | Best Price Guarantee or First Night Free

hotels near sunbury ohio - Google Maps

Hi Cubby you mention Mid-Ohio Event: When, where how long and any other info. you may have. I don't know if it fits our schedule but we will see. Also when is the upcoming 10 Years anniversary of the XLR? That would be a cool event to attend!!!................
Dan :wave:

Dan,

Mid-Ohio is a race event in Lexington, OH We have been going for the last few years, as it is not only the ALMS racing (Corvette Racing), but also the World Challenge (Cadillac Racing) and an Indy Race on the same track and weekend. Here in the link on thread here:

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/events/5895-mid-ohio-august-3-5-2012-a.html

We don't have anything set yet on the 10 year anniversary, but have been 'kicking around' the idea for Sept. of 2013. This was about the time for the start of the 2004 model XLR at the Bowling Green assembly plant. I'm sure a thread will be started on it when things get going.

Hi Cubby you mention Mid-Ohio Event: When, where how long and any other info. you may have. I don't know if it fits our schedule but we will see. Also when is the upcoming 10 Years anniversary of the XLR? That would be a cool event to attend!!!................

Dan,

Mid-Ohio is a race event in Lexington, OH We have been going for the last few years, as it is not only the ALMS racing (Corvette Racing), but also the World Challenge (Cadillac Racing) and an Indy Race on the same track and weekend. Here in the link on thread here:

We don't have anything set yet on the 10 year anniversary, but have been 'kicking around' the idea for Sept. of 2013. This was about the time for the start of the 2004 model XLR at the Bowling Green assembly plant. I'm sure a thread will be started on it when things get going.

Mid Ohio might be a good time to start talking up some ideas again on the XLR 10th Anniversary celebration. I know I'll be at Mid Ohio. :blinzel:

Where,.......??????

I just picked up a reservation at the Hampton Inn for Mid-Ohio earlier this evening.
A couple weeks ago I was told all rooms were booked.

May require some periodic attempts to catch a free room at one of the hotels.

Steve

Kathy & I have been attending Mid-Ohio since '02 for the ALMS/Indy Car races. We got our own parking corral for the XLRs in '07. Tiffany's Dad (Marc Toffolo) goes over early & sets up what we call "Camp Toffolo" in our corral in the infield. It is a great place to hang out before & between races. There will be a lot of great racing again this year with ALMS, Indy Car & World Challenge (Cadillac CTS-V Rs race in this series). It can be tough to find a room for this weekend, but they usually can be found on the Northside of Columbus, OH. Remember to get your infield parking pass with your ticket so you can park with the group.:wave:

Dan,

Thanks cubby for the info but unfortunately not a real big fan of the racing, & plus running out of vacation time this year early puts a damper on my time off left this year to take off! Hoping that the 10 yr. anniversary for XLR in Ky. 2013 may be later in September or begenning of October 2013 as of now I can make that fit my schedule! :cool:

Cadillac V Series Corral Invitation received

I got an email today with my Cadillac Corral invitation. Pricing is great and they made a special effort to include CTS-V, XLR-V, and XLR. I'll be buying this package for entry for 5AM and I, but will be parking in Camp Toffolo as usual. Some of the benefits of this package include water, juice and softdrinks all weekend; the hospitality suite is equipped with TV coverage of the track all day; and the drivers will be available for Q&A/autographs. (they also had both a breakfast and lunch buffet for us at Detroit)

I'm sure they only have a limited number that Mid-Ohio will allow, but for those of you without tickets yet, I'd be willing to forward your email addresses to CadillacRacing to try to get you invites under this offer.

Mid-OhioVCorralFlyer1.jpg

I got an email today with my Cadillac Corral invitation. Pricing is great and they made a special effort to include CTS-V, XLR-V, and XLR. I'll be buying this package............for those of you without tickets yet, I'd be willing to forward your email addresses to CadillacRacing to try to get you invites under this offer.

I would appreciate getting into this deal.
Let me know. Thanks!

Steve

I got an email today with my Cadillac Corral invitation. Pricing is great and they made a special effort to include CTS-V, XLR-V, and XLR. I'll be buying this package for entry for 5AM and I, but will be parking in Camp Toffolo as usual. Some of the benefits of this package include water, juice and softdrinks all weekend; the hospitality suite is equipped with TV coverage of the track all day; and the drivers will be available for Q&A/autographs. (they also had both a breakfast and lunch buffet for us at Detroit)

I'm sure they only have a limited number that Mid-Ohio will allow, but for those of you without tickets yet, I'd be willing to forward your email addresses to CadillacRacing to try to get you invites under this offer

hey Gizmo... I'd love get in on this. Can you send them my way?

dave@zilligen.com

Thanks

Good evening Gizmo

Sounds like a good time. Coach and I would like to learn more (and the Great Procrastinator hasn't ordered tickets yet). Please forward my email:

unionrun@aol.com

Thank you.

e

... the Great Procrastinator

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good evening Gizmo

Sounds like a good time. Coach and I would like to learn more (and the Great Procrastinator hasn't ordered tickets yet). Please forward my email:

unionrun@aol.com

Thank you.

e

The flyer pretty much says it all. Last year at Mid-Ohio, they (Cadillac Racing) helped us out with a few infield parking and general admission tickets cause they weren't sure how the corral idea would work for them. They've done it at every race this year and I would guess by the response at the other races, it's been a great success. This is the only flyer I've seen that doesn't specifically say "Reserved Grandstand Seating." I'm hoping it will be included, if not, no biggie. We at Camp Toffolo don't usually sit in the grandstands anyway. The catered breakfast and lunch are buffet style. Snacks range from chips and trail mix to cookies or granola bars. At Road America they had 5 TVs, each trained on a different section of the track - I sat near the middle of the tent and spun around and around watching the races. Hopefully like Belle Ilse they'll have their giant fans running to keep the tent cool. The tent is usually set up with tables and chairs, i.e., 10+ tables with 4 chairs per table.

I've already submitted the first two requests and my contact said they should get an email sometime Monday. I'll forward your email to them on Monday.

I've already submitted the first two requests and my contact said they should get an email sometime Monday. I'll forward your email to them on Monday.

Received my email today - thanks, Gizmo! :rocker:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The flyer pretty much says it all.

Signed up for Cadillac package today. During the registration process I saw a message stating that 26 events remained. It wasn't on the screen very long. Not sure what this really meant but I pass it on in case it conveys the remaining number of packages available.

The Cadillac deal is supposed to be available to a limited number and they encourage early sign up.

FYI-Also saw a couple weekend passes on Stubhub.

Steve

Thanks Giz!!

Got my email and for once:lol: didn't wait until the last minute to sign up. Coach and I are counting the days until we're all at Camp Toffolo.

You did such a great job so far what are the odds of getting us a parade lap!?!

Thanks again
e

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry