Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Mobile Wash & Detail Info

cubby558

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
'16 Z06, "06 XLR-V Infra Red-Sold, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader
I spoke with Kerwin of Aloha Mobile Datailing today-- www.alohadetailing.com

He is very interested and more than willing to work with us on our needs for wash and/or minor detailing while we are in Colorado Springs. He has been doing this for over 14 years (10 years in Hawaii) and was doing Red Nolan Cadillac and other local dealerships' business until he got too busy with private customers. He is very flexible and can do this at night for us, but would like to make sure it is not for just a few (3-4) cars. He would rather do as many as possible in one trip rather than coming back and forth 2-3 times a day. I told him I would try and work out with the group maybe 3 or 4 days of our week for him to be at the Hampton Inn late afternoon/evening on certain days and have your car done. Please give me your feedback and I will get back to him, that way he can give us some kind of pricing for his services. In the meantime check out his website!!

Anyone think of getting a mobile car wash company like was done last year in SA? It was great to be able to come back to the hotels after the drives and have someone there to clean our babies...
Also, has anyone thought of shirts like we did at SA last year - what reminded me about this is the fact that I have my San Antonio Rendevous shirt on.
Just my .02 worth...

I spoke with Kerwin of Aloha Mobile Datailing today-- www.alohadetailing.com

He is very interested and more than willing to work with us on our needs for wash and/or minor detailing while we are in Colorado Springs. He has been doing this for over 14 years (10 years in Hawaii) and was doing Red Nolan Cadillac and other local dealerships' business until he got too busy with private customers. He is very flexible and can do this at night for us, but would like to make sure it is not for just a few (3-4) cars. He would rather do as many as possible in one trip rather than coming back and forth 2-3 times a day. I told him I would try and work out with the group maybe 3 or 4 days of our week for him to be at the Hampton Inn late afternoon/evening on certain days and have your car done. Please give me your feedback and I will get back to him, that way he can give us some kind of pricing for his services. In the meantime check out his website!!
I just checked this guy out with Eric @ Red Noland Cadillac Detail Shop and he said this is the only company he would recommend in Colorado Springs. I feel that really says a lot about the quality work this man does. He evens goes to customers homes in the winter to clean high end cars with what is known as a waterless cleaner, uses very little water but is not harmfull to the finish, he can do this inside their garages. Eric said this type of cleaning is very expensive. This man worked under Eric at Red Noland Cadillac.

The Midwest caravan will catch a few bugs as well.:lol::lol:

Thanks for looking into this. Count me in. Hope he does not charge by the bug, as I'm sure I'll be killing a few along the way.

I would think we would want him at least once upon arrival and once before we leave.

It was sure nice in SA to have the mobile wash there after each long drive. Maybe once we have the itinerary set, we could decide more...

You guys interested in touring Adam's new warehouse in Boulder? (Adam's Premium Car Care Products - wax, detail spray, etc) He moved there from Torrance, he would be happy to host a bunch of XLR owners, give some demos and give you guys a great price on the best product around. A Saturday would be best, but I could see what he could do on a weekday.
I gain nothing from this, just offering.
Bruce

Bruce,

That would be interesting, but I don't think the Saturday would work--some may be leaving by then or getting ready to. Perhaps at the end of the week--Thurs. or Fri. would work. Let's see what kind of interest we get.

Thanks

You guys interested in touring Adam's new warehouse in Boulder? (Adam's Premium Car Care Products - wax, detail spray, etc) He moved there from Torrance, he would be happy to host a bunch of XLR owners, give some demos and give you guys a great price on the best product around. A Saturday would be best, but I could see what he could do on a weekday.
Bruce

Bruce

I think it would be great for him to do this for us!!! Not sure what day would work the best, though. I would say check with him on what days he could do it, then post those dates and whatever date gets the most response, go with it.

Bruce

Boulder is a good distance from Colorado Springs but if we are taking a run up there then a side trip to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park would make a good day of it. A day during the week would be best.

Ray will be wherever that detailer is anytime he wants him there :laugh: - plus I bet he will find a local wash as well - I know that Lola will get a bath everyday ..... even on the road he gets her washed every morning .... that's the great thing about the GPS ... ;)

I need to get in touch with Kerwin to set up a schedule on when to have him available. As most of you have expressed, I will make sure he is there Sunday the 23rd for everyone's arrival. Perhaps then every other day in the late afternoon/early evenings (25th & 27th) and then perhaps most of the day the 29th, for anyone who may be leaving, but wants to leave town sparkling!!

Let me know how this sounds and I'll get in touch with him at the end of this week.

Weather permitting Sunday is fine. Not sure when we will be getting in, but it would be nice to get the bugs washed off for Monday
Ray, of course, thinks this is great .... could you ask him how he would handle the cars coming over from CMR as we would have to wait for our cars ... whereas he may only want to do the cars staying at The Hampton??? Ray loved the guy in San Antonio ...

I need to get in touch with Kerwin to set up a schedule on when to have him available. As most of you have expressed, I will make sure he is there Sunday the 23rd for everyone's arrival. Perhaps then every other day in the late afternoon/early evenings (25th & 27th) and then perhaps most of the day the 29th, for anyone who may be leaving, but whats to leave town sparkling!!

Let me know how this sounds and I'll get in touch with him at the end of this week.

those dates sound great.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back