Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Video: Motorweek Review of the 2006 Cadillac XLR-V

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/E975QNIXZi4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After watching this video I am wondering about a couple of comments:

"steerable headlights added" Do not all XLRs have these dynamic headlights?
"chrome exhaust tips" Mine are not. Did early model Vs have chrome tips?

All in all, one of the more favorable reviews of my favorite car. Thanks for sharing.

All in all, one of the more favorable reviews of my favorite car. Thanks for sharing.

From what I know. The xlr v didn't come out till 2006. But I agree on the chrome exhaust

I believe pre-2006 models did not have the "steerable headlights". All XLR's, base and V's, from 2006 on had the "steerable headlights".

I believe pre-2006 models did not have the "steerable headlights". All XLR's, base and V's, from 2006 on had the "steerable headlights".

My 2004 does not have steerable headlights bt it does have 4 chrome exhaust tips.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 604
My 2004 does not have steerable headlights either. It does have chrome exhaust tips and a very cool person who drives it. ;)

Also, the only thing wrong with the XLR-V in the video is that it is not in Zenon Blue. :D

From 2004 onward, the XLR had quad chrome tips. There was one notable exception with the flat/rectangular exhaust tips offered near the end of production in 2009. It was hit or miss, some got them, some didn't. No one knows why; it's an XLR mystery. If you find out, please post.

Adaptive headlamps were standard starting in 2006. They were able to pivot up to 15 degrees corresponding with steering wheel angle.

CC :wave:

Maybe thats a question for the people in Bowling Green later this month.

some 04 and 05 cars do have the adaptive headlights. They just do not work. All 04,05 had the fixed 5 pin lights and wiring harness when new.. When warranty replaced them they used the 06 and up 10 pin lights but adapted a 5 pin harness to make them work. It just eliminates the moving part of the light. I am working on installing the fixed lights in my 08 as I don't like the movement. Too many curves around here. they don't move as fast as I do. If you see lights on ebay , they claim all lights work. Not correct. you cannot at this point install 5 pin lights in an 06-09 and have them work. You cannot just change the ballast as some suggest as the light has to be completely taken apart to install the motor. If the wiring goes into the center of the gray box (10 pin) In the back of the light ,it will work on all years. if its in the side only 04,05.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom