Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

My 06 XLR Front Grinding Noise And Wheel Shake On Acceleration

CNC

Supporting Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Gold Mist XLR & 79' Eldorado Convert
Hi all,

Maybe someone has experienced this and can shed some light? I haven't jacked it up yet to check it out as we are still freezing our butts off here in Colorado. In fact we had a blizzard this past weekend and got 2' of snow with 50 mph winds. Drifts 5' high. :rolleyes: Just dug out yesterday. Yes, on April 18th. Blizzard lasted two and a half days. Ugh. Saying I am ready for Spring is an understatement.

Anyhow while the baby has been ensconced in the garage for the winter under her soft car cover, I took her out for a run a couple of weeks ago between storms. On acceleration I heard a grinding noise and the front end started to shake pretty severely. When I let off acceleration it stopped shaking and the grinding noise went away. The tires are new run flats (recently inspected) and the wheels are properly balanced. So I know it's not a tire or balance issue. I am thinking front wheel hub bearing assembly? It seemed like it was occurring at the right front wheel? :dunno:

Anyone experience this, ever? 'If' the right hub bearing assembly is dried out and shelled out as a result of low miles and little use, should they be replaced as a pair, or does it matter?

Thanks for any information. :cool:

Best, CNC

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry