Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

My tachometer

Hankster72

Hi. just bought my XLR and the tachometer doesn't work....Had to have a new battery put in it.....is there anything i can do or is it a trip to dealer?

Welcome to the XLR Net.

I'm going to move your thread into the XLR Tech forum for greater exposure...

Thanks! Trying to read up on tachometer. I had thought the battery replacement might have had an effect on it or there is a reset after a battery change out. otherwise i have already come to love this car.

hankster72

If the tach. do not not function, it could be a poor connection, or a pinch wire coming from the engine module that manages all the engine components.

On the fuse box panel ( at RH of the motor under the hood ) is a listing of the fuses and also at the passenger interior up of the foot well under of the carpet an other fuse box ( call BCM ) were all the wiring harness circuits are controlled.

The cluster or instrument panel are to look for defective fuses.

Tachometer problem is usely not an issue debated on the site, connection could the problem, however it could happen that it would be defective.

An expert is the solution, a trust Cadillac dealer is the one that has more chances to be the one,
Also a trust Chevrolet/Corvette dealer could be one as the corvette cluster is very similar.
They have the tools and trained mechanics.

Welcome on this site, the cadillac XLR is a great car however its electrical system is already 17 year old, so it would needs to be serviced.

Enjoy this one of a kind car.

IAN

Last edited:
Does the gauge sweep when you start up the car. If not, it’s probably the gauge that is bad (replace instrument cluster) if it does, couple be wiring or BCM.

Thanks for your input.....i was thinking it might be in how the wiring was handled with the new battery installed. i will double check that before a dealer trip.....I am glad to be here...will post a pic later.....it is a star black 016/250

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom