Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

My XLR arrived this evening!

oyealiz

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Blue Steel
I first saw the XLR at a Vette event in Bowling Green, KY right after they came out. A couple of kids drove through our hotel lot, each in an XLR. They said their dads were GM executives. We oooo'd and ahhh'd over the cars, of course. :)

I next saw one up close at a Cars and Coffee here in Dallas last year, but I virtually never see them on the road.

On the way home from vacation in May, I saw an XLR, top down, in Shreveport, LA, and I decided I must have one! So the search was on!

She was delivered today. It was dusk and not possible to get good pix with my cellphone, but here she is....blue steel, shale interior, 2005.

IMG_1134.jpgIMG_1138.jpg

I've already been out for a top down ride and a bit of acceleration, cut off the auto seat settings (I hate waiting for that to work!) and programmed my gate into the homelink system. I am quite certain I'll have questions as I work on getting to know the car. It's been fun reading here over the last month and seeing the enthusiasm yall have for the XLRs. :)

And this is the one I saw in Shreveport. :) Whoever that was, it is officially their fault that I've bought this car! :lol: Shreveport.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! I got mine this evening too!

Blue Steel

Oyealiz,

I recently purchased the same 2005 XLR in Blue Steel and can't say enough about the car. The car definitely gets a lot of looks as you are driving down the road and quite a few questions/stares if you happen to park somewhere. I still have that "new toy at Christmas" excitement every time I put the top down and go for a ride. I'm sure you will love the car and I have learned quite a bit from this forum. Congrats on your new purchase and on your excellent choice of color for your new ride :thumbsup

I still have that "new toy at Christmas" excitement every time I put the top down and go for a ride.

If you're like me, you'll have that feeling for many years to come! I'm on year 5 & it still feels like driving it for the first time every time I take it out. :D

Oyealiz,

I recently purchased the same 2005 XLR in Blue Steel and can't say enough about the car. The car definitely gets a lot of looks as you are driving down the road and quite a few questions/stares if you happen to park somewhere. I still have that "new toy at Christmas" excitement every time I put the top down and go for a ride. I'm sure you will love the car and I have learned quite a bit from this forum. Congrats on your new purchase and on your excellent choice of color for your new ride :thumbsup

I do love the color!

And I've already read a lot on the forum, too. :)

If you're like me, you'll have that feeling for many years to come! I'm on year 5 & it still feels like driving it for the first time every time I take it out. :D

I love your signature pic. This was my other color choice, but my c6 Vette I had for 8 1/2 yrs was red, so decided to go blue for the XLR. :)

I first saw the XLR at a Vette event in Bowling Green, KY right after they came out. A couple of kids drove through our hotel lot, each in an XLR. They said their dads were GM executives. We oooo'd and ahhh'd over the cars, of course. :)

I next saw one up close at a Cars and Coffee here in Dallas last year, but I virtually never see them on the road.

On the way home from vacation in May, I saw an XLR, top down, in Shreveport, LA, and I decided I must have one! So the search was on!

She was delivered today. It was dusk and not possible to get good pix with my cellphone, but here she is....blue steel, shale interior, 2005.

View attachment 5447View attachment 5448

I've already been out for a top down ride and a bit of acceleration, cut off the auto seat settings (I hate waiting for that to work!) and programmed my gate into the homelink system. I am quite certain I'll have questions as I work on getting to know the car. It's been fun reading here over the last month and seeing the enthusiasm yall have for the XLRs. :)

And this is the one I saw in Shreveport. :) Whoever that was, it is officially their fault that I've bought this car! :lol: View attachment 5449

Welcome and I know you'll have some top down fun from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard Liz! You found a beautiful XLR. I think you will love your new toy...MILES OF SMILES :wave:

Welcome aboard Liz! You found a beautiful XLR. I think you will love your new toy...MILES OF SMILES :wave:

Loving her so far!

Next up is TX inspection, and the driver's side front turn signal is out. About to find out how hard it is to change, I guess!

Welcome & congratulations

Congratulations to the newest owners. It is great to see your enthusiasm. It blows me away when I meet an XLR owner without any real enthusiasm for the car. Sad for then really: they have a unique and amazing car that they don't fully appreciate.

The members of this forum have enthusiasm for their cars and will share their experiences and resulting knowledge with anyone who needs help solving a situation. No question is stupid: there are many systems unique to the car and lots to learn.

Enjoy your rides!
:burnout::burnout:

Congratulations to the newest owners. It is great to see your enthusiasm. It blows me away when I meet an XLR owner without any real enthusiasm for the car. Sad for then really: they have a unique and amazing car that they don't fully appreciate.

The members of this forum have enthusiasm for their cars and will share their experiences and resulting knowledge with anyone who needs help solving a situation. No question is stupid: there are many systems unique to the car and lots to learn.

Enjoy your rides!
:burnout::burnout:

My last look up .... "why is the car beeping, and what are those lights beside my head?" :lol: I figured they were something about the reverse sensors but had no idea what exactly the lights meant.

So...what are the other cars in your collection?!

My last look up .... "why is the car beeping, and what are those lights beside my head?" :lol: I figured they were something about the reverse sensors but had no idea what exactly the lights meant.

So...what are the other cars in your collection?!

We have recently sold a few cars, paring down the collection for the time being, sold a 64 Ford pickup, 70 Olds Rallye 350, 65 Buick Riviera (I did NOT want to sell that one....). One still for sale: a 1969 SS Big Block 396 Camaro, factory original automatic with original paint, interior, engine, low mile car, documents etc. Interested? Asking $45,000. CDN will gladly take US$$ at par! Great running and driving car and goes like stink when step hard on the skinny pedal!

The plan is to have a His and Her's collection.

Convertibles, my XLR - Steve has a 67 Corvette convertible, 350 4 spd manual shift

Trucks: mine is a 63 Chevy, original paint straight 6, 3 spd on the column, Steve's a 70 Chevy that we are currently lowering, changing to 5 bold wheels, disc brakes up front, 20's etc

Station Wagons: mine a 61 Oldsmobile we have just done a full resto-mod to, Steve's a 65 Malibu wagon, also resto-modded

We also have a 64 Acadian Beaumont Station Wagon in Florida. Acadian's were made by GM, produced in Canada for the Canadian market only (1-2% of them exported to Brazil) 'Think' 64 Malibu with a few minor changes.

We also have pair of 2007 Harley Road Kings in Florida and here in Ontario I have a 2011 Road King and Steve has a 2012 Road King. (plus I have my 93 FLSTN Nostalgia Softail I intend to keep forever, it is in the family room in the basement)

I have lots of pictures in my albums etc if interested, although I likely need to move some vehicles to the 'gone' section........we have had many cars over the last 20 years or so.

So what other cars/vehicles do you have?

Last edited:
So what other cars/vehicles do you have?

I have sold off most of mine too. I usually go though 4-5 cars a year and keep 3-6 around depending on time of year. Currently I only have a Boulevard M109R and building an SC430 for the girlfriend. The last truck I built was a '70 C-10 with a 502 RamJet under the hood with full air suspension etc. That was a beast. This past winter I kept a JKU Rubicon with all the goodies (lift, snorkel, winch, swing-away tire carrier etc) but decided I wanted an XLR this summer so here I am with it now. :D ...and LOVING it!

IMG_0558.jpgIMG_0563.jpgIMG_0624.jpg

Wow, yall have impressive lists!

I think I'm more an enthusiast than a collector.

I'm a long time vette girl and Jeep girl, so I've had many of both of those.

Currently have a Wrangler and a Grand cherokee, my vettes (c3, c5 and c7) and of course my XLR. :)

Two of my vettes, and my Kevin's c3 on top of the lift....

in garage orig.jpg

I have sold off most of mine too. I usually go though 4-5 cars a year and keep 3-6 around depending on time of year. Currently I only have a Boulevard M109R and building an SC430 for the girlfriend. The last truck I built was a '70 C-10 with a 502 RamJet under the hood with full air suspension etc. That was a beast. This past winter I kept a JKU Rubicon with all the goodies (lift, snorkel, winch, swing-away tire carrier etc) but decided I wanted an XLR this summer so here I am with it now. :D ...and LOVING it!

View attachment 5475View attachment 5476View attachment 5477

We generally have our cars 2-5 years except for the keepers: Vet 17 years, Malibu 15 years, 63 C10 8 year.... XLR 4 years...

SWEET! Those are beautiful. I too have had a ton of Jeeps from CJ-5s, LJ's, and now the JKUs. Had a Commander too, and really enjoyed that for a road/travel vehicle. Here are a few pics of the last several builds. For the past several years I have built them in pairs...one for me and one for my son. We had green ones and then black ones. This spring he took a really good job with TVA and moved to Chattanooga so I lost my Jeep buddy. Now I am into XLR's! :D

IMG_4022.jpgIMG_4778.jpgGreen JKUs1.jpgWondering.jpg

Wow, yall have impressive lists!

I think I'm more an enthusiast than a collector.

I'm a long time vette girl and Jeep girl, so I've had many of both of those.

Currently have a Wrangler and a Grand cherokee, my vettes (c3, c5 and c7) and of course my XLR. :)

Two of my vettes, and my Kevin's c3 on top of the lift....

View attachment 5478

I do love those new vette's.......

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry