Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Need A Body Control Module for a 2006 Base

DOUG ASHBY

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Base Infrared
I need a body control module for my 2006 base. Anybody have an extra lying around?? :)

Hi Doug,

Perhaps from this search?

I've dealt with Elite in Minnesota - wonderful experience, decent folks.

HTH!
Just talked to one from this list. Looking good so far.
I'm saving this link for future reference. Thanks for the lead, Gord!!

I need a body control module for my 2006 base. Anybody have an extra lying around?? :)
My local Caddy Dealer is Sewell Cadillac of Dallas. They have been great trying to fix this. Problem is they've acquired three BCMs. Each one, when installed, caused other problems because they had already been programmed for another car. They say they need one that is a virgin or can be re-programmed.
Anyone know anything about this??

My local Caddy Dealer is Sewell Cadillac of Dallas. They have been great trying to fix this. Problem is they've acquired three BCMs. Each one, when installed, caused other problems because they had already been programmed for another car. They say they need one that is a virgin or can be re-programmed.
Anyone know anything about this??
Unless MickyTee has some "clean" modules, you're pretty much out of luck unless you find one on eBay.
Read my story of my XLR in David Taylor/Sterling McCall dealership in Houston. They had it for a year for an initial complaint of a bad steering rack. It's a garage queen now, I drive it every so often, but if I go faster than 42 mph I get all kind of dashboard messages. Stop the car, kill it, start back up and all is well again. I've had 2 different garages look at it and they can't figure it out and I'm not dropping another 2 grand on "We'll see what we can do"

Unless MickyTee has some "clean" modules, you're pretty much out of luck unless you find one on eBay.
Read my story of my XLR in David Taylor/Sterling McCall dealership in Houston. They had it for a year for an initial complaint of a bad steering rack. It's a garage queen now, I drive it every so often, but if I go faster than 42 mph I get all kind of dashboard messages. Stop the car, kill it, start back up and all is well again. I've had 2 different garages look at it and they can't figure it out and I'm not dropping another 2 grand on "We'll see what we can do"
Oh gee, Super!. Thanks for the dreary news 😒. Already decided if I can ever get it back in at least running condition, it's a goner. I'll sell it to anyone who'll take it. I won't lie about it, just hope someone else is willing to take on the headaches.

Question. CAN those modules be re-programmed??? I didn't know they were 'burned in'.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom