Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Need the suspension and top control modules.

KevinJ62

My XLR/V(s)
Platinum 2005 XLR
Hi Guys, the dreaded plugged drain tube in the truck got me! I'm needing the GM #10348979 Suspension Control Module as well as the #25840734 Top/trunk control module. Not having much luck with my internet searching, and can't hardly understand what "Dwayne from Texas" is saying with his thick Indian accent. :dunno: I'd really appreciate any help I can get with these parts. Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys, the dreaded plugged drain tube in the truck got me! I'm needing the GM #10348979 Suspension Control Module as well as the #25840734 Top/trunk control module. Not having much luck with my internet searching, and can't hardly understand what "Dwayne from Texas" is saying with his thick Indian accent. :dunno: I'd really appreciate any help I can get with these parts. Thanks in advance!

Google’s my best friend! Here’s what I found: searched part number XLR Parts. Hope this helps.
Cadillac XLR Active Suspension Control Module. XLR. Left, Right, RIDE - 10348979 | Watson Chevrolet, Tuscon AZ
616d79483a6e6f4b336723ea9df141d4.jpg

ef77916f22334f0d11f9960aa3f68878.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been hitting up every GM parts place on the web. They show they have it [at least the 25840734 top module] and then turn around and tell you they don't have them in stock. Pretty frustrating. I've got a Subaru SVX and Porsche 914 that it's easier to find OEM parts for.

Been hitting up every GM parts place on the web. They show they have it [at least the 25840734 top module] and then turn around and tell you they don't have them in stock. Pretty frustrating. I've got a Subaru SVX and Porsche 914 that it's easier to find OEM parts for.

Yeah but a Subaru is lot more popular then our XLR ....LOL

Actually, the SVX is a pretty cool car! Italian designed body with crazy windows [lower halves roll down, upper halves are fixed]. All-wheel drive, and pretty good HP for a 3.3L flat-six.

Yep. As I suspected. Got a reply from the Watson Chevrolet link you posted. "Sorry, that part has been discontinued."

Yep. As I suspected. Got a reply from the Watson Chevrolet link you posted. "Sorry, that part has been discontinued."

So sorry... but that’s the way our XLR’s Parts have become, Parts are getting hard to get, because a lot of them are not used on any other vehicles [emoji20]
Just thinking have you tried RockAuto.com

Actually, the SVX is a pretty cool car! Italian designed body with crazy windows [lower halves roll down, upper halves are fixed]. All-wheel drive, and pretty good HP for a 3.3L flat-six.

Many moons ago I had Subaru wagon, It was and 85 had well over 200k mile! Right after the 96 blizzard, here in the northeast, I drove that thing up and alley with snow higher then good, I got it stuck, but then realized it wasn’t in 4 Wheel Low , after shifted into that it was almost like a bunny rabbit, and it kind of started hopping... LOL drove up and picked up the snow blower and went on our way back out! Subaru is Great Car!

Had a Subaru DL Wagon back '85 myself! Moved back to Colorado when I got out of the Navy. Thing was impossible to get stuck, and it had crappy baldish tires on it. Always wanted a Brat. Hard to find now [but a lot easier than XLR modules!].

After MUCH surfing and disappointment I may have found a place that says they can repair them [the crowd goes wild!] for $225 each!! IF they can make good on their claim, this website needs to be "stickied" to XLR.net.

G7 Computers

I had a email conversation with them, gave them the OEM part numbers, and they said they can fix them! I'll let you know how it turns out!

don't get your hopes up. Companies much bigger and with a better reputation have been unable to. It certainly would be nice but not going to happen.

et me know a soon as possible. My fingers are getting numb. I hope these guys come thru.

I have a phone number for Vintage Parts and they are in contact with the cadillac dealer in the Twin Cities in Minnesota. They are able to find or make discontinued parts. 877-846-8243. Good luck.

Good luck. well they will not find any. Other than a couple used at astronomical cost .One guy has 3 new ones for 2000 for the suspension module. You can still get the top module from GM. Just have to order it and wait.

why pay so much if the above number guy can repair them? Pm me and I will give you the guys number for a new one. Might talk him down in price

Let me say this. I am not talking about any company in specific. I have sent out more than a dozen modules to companies that claim to repair them. I have called an spoken with three to 4 times that many. Most of these companies that repair modules from cars. look for a loose solder joint or a component that is known to fail. I have repaired dozens of ecu and body control modules after watching a you tube on specific repairs on Toyotas and BMW. It is not that hard. But one soaked in water is a whole different ball game. one has to have a complete wiring diagramn and a way to test the operation to be able to repair. So unless they have a test car you are looking at a 50/50 shot at best. All these places say they have had sucess in repairing them but when I ask fora single reference to check, they all say oh I cannot provide that. Many of theses places have yo uship one thinking they will just find a used one cheap to clean up and sell you. Then they find out the rarity. SO I hope like everyone that a company is found that can actually repair and warranty them but when we do its going to be more like 500-700 to do it. I have yet seen a post here from anybody that has sent one out and got it back repaired. If you have , PLease share that source with everyone else.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom