Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New 2009 XLR owner

west17929

My XLR/V(s)
2009 Back Cherry XLR
Hi there everyone. I have recently acquired a 2009 XLR in Black Cherry with 37k on it. The car is pristine!! Unfortunately, I can't keep the car. It is beautiful and needs nothing. New tires/ brakes 100 miles ago. I don't have any pictures of the car and I am 2 states away from it. It's never been driven in the winter/ rain/ snow and I really don't want to start now.I'm just kind of looking for a ballpark figure of what the car is worth. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you...

Congratulations and welcome fellow XLRian. I bought and joined Dec 31. This is probably the best forum I've been a apart of. No side eye comments or comments that make you feel like an idiot. Rob, Longtall Sally and mickeytee are a wealth of information on the intricacies of this car. You'll hear about parasitic draw on the battery, water damage to suspension and roof top modules, draw backs of jumping the battery or using a jumper box. Don't be afraid to ask a question for I have asked several since Dec about repairs, replacement and hair brained ideas. All where met an answer. The one thing I noticed about all the owners is that theirs a story behind their purchase. I think that's the difference between a collector and the the one time, buy the car of my dreams driver. There's a lot of information in the forum. I find myself going down a rabbit hole reading some of it. Once again, welcome.

Last edited:

Hi there everyone. I have recently acquired a 2009 XLR in Black Cherry with 37k on it. The car is pristine!! Unfortunately, I can't keep the car. It is beautiful and needs nothing. New tires/ brakes 100 miles ago. I don't have any pictures of the car and I am 2 states away from it. It's never been driven in the winter/ rain/ snow and I really don't want to start now.I'm just kind of looking for a ballpark figure of what the car is worth. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you...
Suggest you look for similar XLR's in the "For Sale" Forum for starters...... Get a true evaluation of any defects, faults or fixes and go from there. Even take it to Carmax, see what they give for it and add about 25 to 45 percent...

Suggest you look for similar XLR's in the "For Sale" Forum for starters...... Get a true evaluation of any defects, faults or fixes and go from there. Even take it to Carmax, see what they give for it and add about 25 to 45 percent...
Thank you..

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back